Menu

Need book suggestions...

I've got a good question for the Hive, as I know there are many readers here. My dh has voraciously read all of the books by Brock & Bodie Thoene in the past year and was just fascinated by the accuracy of history woven into meaningful stories. Now that he's read ALL of the books by these authors that he could get his hands on, he's at a loss on what to read next.

Has anyone read these novels? If so, do you know of any other authors, books or series of books that would be as inspiring and interesting to him as the Thoene books have been?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Blessings,

Lucinda

Could you list the full authors' names so I can look them up?

Sorry I don't have any recommendations for that age group. I read a lot of historical fiction myself but wouldn't consider letting under 15 read them.

I hope someone else can give some good recs. I'm always on the prowl for good books.

Could you list the full authors' names so I can look them up?

Sorry I don't have any recommendations for that age group. I read a lot of historical fiction myself but wouldn't consider letting under 15 read them.

I hope someone else can give some good recs. I'm always on the prowl for good books.

The authors are a married couple by the names of Brock and Bodie Thoene (pronounced Tay-nee). Here is a link to their website with a list of all the books. They are just amazing stories, and like I said, very accurate in their account of history.

The question is for my husband, not my dd. I'm looking for good books suggestions for him.

Thanks!

Blessings,

Lucinda

Maybe The Last Disciple and The Last Sacrifice by Sigmund Brouwer and Hank Hanegraaff. If he doesn't want only Christian fiction he might like Jeff and Michael Shaara--they write very good war/historical novels.

We'll give these a try. Thank you! I'm scratching my head over the idea of Hank H. (The Bible Answer Man) being an author of historical novels because he is such a character, but what the hay. :D

Blessings,

Lucinda

I love the Thoenes...

I like BJ. Hoff as well. And Gilbert Morris has good books too. I can't remember though if they are more "romancy" than a man would prefer.

I did think that The Daughter of Time by Josephine Tey was good too.

But yes, the Thoene's are my favorite authors. I've learned more history from reading their books than any history class I've ever been in.

Jo Graham has 3 really good historical fiction books Black Ships, Hand of Isis and Stealing Fire. The last is about life for Alexander's men after he suddenly died. I just finished it and learned so much about military life in that time period.

Thanks for letting me know about the Thoene books. I look forward to reading them!

Wow! Thanks for all the suggestions, fellow Hive members! I will head over to Amazon and take a peak.

We have the entire Thoene collection and both dh and my mom have read every single one. They LOVE these books. I will have to read them myself, but I think I'll hold off until winter.

Blessings to all,

Lucinda

Here is a website I like for good book ideas. You tell them (run by Amazon I think) what book you just read and they suggest another one.

http://www.yournextread.com/us/#

This is perfect! I've tried to find book recommendations through Amazon, but could never get these types of results! Thanks so much for sharing the link. You made my day!

Blessings,

Lucinda