Menu

Dr. Hive-MRI results, and antibiotic? wwyd?

So, I finally got the results to fri MRI and good news...my brain is in the clear!!! The found a thickening in the right sinus area so my dr. prescribed 3 weeks of antibiotics. Here's my question...I don't feel like I have a sinus infection, no congestion or anything. I don't like taking antibiotics for nothing.

So, what say you? Would you take them? or would you just be grateful the MRI was clear, and go on with life :)

I thought you were having problems with abnormal smells. If so, that can be caused by sinus infections, so I'd try the antibiotic.

Very true! I'm just rebelling against the fact that I don't "feel" sick at all! Okay....I'll take it :)

If your smeller is off then that could be a sign of a sinus problem. If you aren't going to do what the Dr. suggests, then you need to go get a second opinion. Otherwise, if you go back saying the problem is getting worse, then they won't be happy that you didn't try what they originally prescribed. Dr.'s don't usually give out antibiotics unless they are needed. I know that isn't always the case and some Dr.'s will hand them out for anything and everything. But if you think your Dr. is wrong, especially when there is an image showing there is a problem, then get a second opinion.

ps: I hope they do solve your problem! :)

Sinus cavities are located throughout your head, not just what you think of as your nose, which feels stuffy with most sinus infections. When I get sinus infections, they always seem to localize in the cavity behind/near my right ear. Nasal drainage is not always involved, as it drains into my throat causing it to be sore and my stomach to be nauseated. DD has apparently inherited it from me. It can be a bugger to diagnose.

I vote take the antibiotics. Hope you are soon feeling better and you worries are eased.

Sinus cavities are located throughout your head, not just what you think of as your nose, which feels stuffy with most sinus infections. When I get sinus infections, they always seem to localize in the cavity behind/near my right ear. Nasal drainage is not always involved, as it drains into my throat causing it to be sore and my stomach to be nauseated. DD has apparently inherited it from me. It can be a bugger to diagnose.

I vote take the antibiotics. Hope you are soon feeling better and you worries are eased.

Good points! and it explains some of the recent dizzyness :) I went and picked up the antibiotics a couple min ago...so here we go!

Take the meds. When my dh was in the parish, a member's daughter almost died from a sinus infection that went into her brain. She was in the hospital for a month and it took her a long time to fully recover.

Take the meds. When my dh was in the parish, a member's daughter almost died from a sinus infection that went into her brain. She was in the hospital for a month and it took her a long time to fully recover.

My aunt did die when her sinus infection went to her brain and caused meningitis.

I'm glad you are taking the antibiotics.

Very true! I'm just rebelling against the fact that I don't "feel" sick at all! Okay....I'll take it :)

Take the antibiotics and right after you are done, take some first class probiotics to get your "good bugs" back in your tummy. Kefir is less expensive than probiotics but takes a little longer and some people cannot stomach it because of the slightly sour taste.