Menu

What smells good with lavender essential oil?

For use in the bathroom as an air freshener? I've got the lavender. Tell me a few other scents to mix with it. I have no desire to run down to Whole Foods to smell oils. Lavender alone is a little heady. It needs something to give it a spring. Lemon or orange don't quite seem right. Bergamot? Pine?

Peppermint :). Lavender and peppermint are my absolute favorite mixture in the world.

In the summer I get on good month of bouquets of roses, lavender and mint from my garden - I look forward to it all year long. Every room in my house smells heavenly! (and then I go back to Eau De Dog/Cat/Kid)

I like to put it on everyone's pillows. I put one drop on their pillow in the morning, and turn the pillow over. By the evening, when you turn the pillow back up, it has infused through the pillow. One drop isn't overpowering for us. Sometimes I just drop the drop onto the pillow straight before sleep.

I also burn the oils in the schoolroom in an oil burner.

In cold season, I use lavender and teatree oil on the pillows/room. Peppermint would do the same- clears and disinfects.

Lavender and chamomile is a classic insomnia/stress remedy.

I also like orange and lemon with lavender.