Which 5th grade math?

Which 5th grade math?  

1. 1. Which 5th grade math?

• CLE
    • Bob Jones
    • Key to Fractions; Key to Decimals; Key to Percents
    • Math Mammoth
    • Other

This will be our second year using CLE. It works well for my 2 oldest kids who need a spiral program. This year I'm adding in Life of Fred Percents and Decimals for my 5th grader b/c she loves to read and I think it will benefit her to learn things from a different POV. After our first year using CLE the girls tested extremely well if that makes a difference to you.

We're also looking ahead to pre-algebra, etc. and when we get there I plan to go with Saxon or BJU.

We have decided to go with BJU for Math at grade 5 because while CLE is good at the elementary grades, it becomes AOP Lifepacs with different covers. (LITERALLY... they have a sharing agreement with AOP) and we did not do well with the explanations and examples in Lifepac math, so that is not an option for us. We decided to start BJU Math and continue it through high school instead of having to switch again in middle school from CLE because of the Lifepac issue.

Singapore. It does an excellent prep for algebra with its Challenging Word Problems, though you may need to back up to grade 4. That's where they start fractions, and they do a great job.

DS (entering 5th) took his standardized test in May, and I had never taught a single day on ratio because Singapore hits it in fifth grade. He said to me after the test, "Guess what? They had this thing called ratio I never saw before, but it wasn't hard because it's all just fractions." :D