Menu

What do you think about the rainbow vacuum

I didn't read all of the links but I remember many years ago when I was pregnant with my first we had a rep come to our home and give us the sales pitch. It was $1000 back then and they had some type of deal where if you bought it then and right there, you could get it a little cheaper. Dh said no way, he was in sales and his products weren't sold that way and he thought it sounded strange. Besides, we needed things for a baby. MIL bought one and she eventually gave us her rainbow which I thought was a pain to use, too many pieces, etc. She eventually came back one day though and took it out of our closet while we weren't home....not sure where it is now! When I want to vacuum, which is often, I want something that is quick and easy to get out and use. HTH!

My husband bought me one at auction one time. His mother told him to. I hated the thing, but it may have been on principle. Some people love them, but I never liked emptying the water. I've heard they are expensive to repair, but I never did that so I could be wrong.

We had a Rainbow Vac that lasted for about 16 years. It did a great job and since we all have allergies it worked well for us. I admit that changing the water each time was bothersome and inconvenient. It was downright nasty if I forgot to empty it and it got moldy. But, it really did a great job. I would still recommend them. Just be prepared to change the water cannister each time you use it.

I don't have one, but borrow my friend's frequently. I change the water several times while using it, just cause I like to see how dirty the floors are and how well its working! I'm quite sure that if I owned one it would be different, though. The pieces don't bother me, but I'm not a huge fan of dragging it around. I do love how it flattens out to get under beds, etc.