Menu

Hunger Games Fans

My dd wants to know who is team Peeta or team Gale. She is team Gale, while my dh and I are team Peeta.

How about any of you?

I am rooting for team Gale. I've always had a soft spot for romances where the girl and boy start out as best friends and it just sort of evolves from there.

Peeta. So totally Peeta. Are people really discussing this book in these terms like they did with Twilight? That amuses me.

I do wonder if any of that will get properly resolved though in a simple way that will satisfy the fans. I've read Suzanne Collins's other series and I came away from that feeling that she was a writer who believed in purposefully leaving loose threads on the ending. Also that she's a good enough author to pull it off without it seeming like a total cop out.

I thought that, as far as the characters were concerned - SHE is Team Gale all the way, right?

I'm always Team-Whoever-Is-On-the-Page-At-The-Moment. Where could I order one of each as future son-in-laws???? (I have two daughters, so...... lol!!)

I have a feeling that Peeta is going to wind up giving his life for Gale or the other way around...

Cannot WAIT for that next book to come out!!!

Guest mrsjamiesouth

Team Peeta here. Peeta is a way better pick, he has saved her life several times. Even took a beating from his mother to give her food. She also seems to feel more when she kisses him.

Dd is team Gale, too.

I'm torn. I admire Gale's strength to deal with everything and not ditch. I love that Peeta is trying to "pretend" along with her, and having his heart wrenched out repeatedly (okay, I don't love that that's happening to the poor guy, but as far as character development - well, he's brought tears to my eyes). Hmmm...I don't know. They've both done some endearing things...I think I'm the Jezebel who is on both teams. (Much like a poster on the Eclipse thread; peanut butter AND jelly, cookies AND milk...:tongue_smilie:)

I thought that, as far as the characters were concerned - SHE is Team Gale all the way, right?

I have a feeling that Peeta is going to wind up giving his life for Gale or the other way around...

I think she doesn't know her own feelings very well and therefore, as readers, it makes it harder for us to know them for sure. An old writing trick and I often think it's the weakest part of the book, but it has spiked the interest. She says she loves Gale, but she clearly feels a spark for Peeta.

I also have a feeling there will be someone sacrificing for someone...

I do wonder if any of that will get properly resolved though in a simple way that will satisfy the fans. I've read Suzanne Collins's other series and I came away from that feeling that she was a writer who believed in purposefully leaving loose threads on the ending. Also that she's a good enough author to pull it off without it seeming like a total cop out.

Yes, this was the hardest part about reading the Gregor series. My 12 yo ds still wants to know if everything turns out ok for Gregor and his family.

I also have a feeling this series will have an open ending. No happily ever after in Suzanne Collins' worlds, eh?

Cinder

Tell me about the Gregor series :001_smile:

Gregor the Overlander. Collins says she was inspired by considering what an Alice in Wonderland tale would be like if it happened in NYC. In the stories Gregor falls down a hole in his apartment building's laundry room and discovers there's a whole 'nother world underground. Creatures of many sorts have built a civilization there. The series starts fairly light but it gets darker toward the end as the Underworld is caught up in a deadly war.

Entertaining and easy reads. Collins does a great job getting you to care about the characters.

Cinder

You know, this thread is making me want to reread these books. I definitely like Peeta. But how can I not like Gale?? Don't make me choose. If I have to, it has to be Peeta. There is so much chemistry between them and they went through so much together.:001_smile: I'm sad for Gale, but you know.......wait, can't she have both? yes, that's the answer. Both.

I think she doesn't know her own feelings very well and therefore, as readers, it makes it harder for us to know them for sure. An old writing trick and I often think it's the weakest part of the book, but it has spiked the interest. She says she loves Gale, but she clearly feels a spark for Peeta.

I also have a feeling there will be someone sacrificing for someone...

See, I read her feelings for Peeta usually as "guilt." Because she KNOWS how much he's done and continues to do for her and because she knows he's a great sort of guy.... so she feels halfway obligated to feel something "more" for him. My interpretation only, of course. lol Might be going to my own personal life experience for this one, though. lol

I think it's easy to be Team Peeta because we've spent actual time WITH Peeta. Gale is more of a secondary character in the series.

The next book should change that quite a bit, though.

If only all of life's decisions could be this tough, though. Great Guy #1 or Great Guy #2? :D

See, I read her feelings for Peeta usually as "guilt." Because she KNOWS how much he's done and continues to do for her and because she knows he's a great sort of guy.... so she feels halfway obligated to feel something "more" for him. My interpretation only, of course. lol Might be going to my own personal life experience for this one, though. lol

Hmm....Now I see it just the opposite. I think the feelings she has for Gale might be more about obligation/guilt because they go back a long ways. On the other side, there is a real spark between her and Peeta. Maybe I'm more of a go for the spark than the steadfast, stable kind of relationship. Could explain some things here. Lol.:glare: