Menu

Where should dh and I go for 3 or 4 days?

My dh and I haven't been off just the 2 of us in 3 years. I'm wanting to go someplace this summer with him. But I can't figure out what to do. It needs to be within a 4 hour drive of middle TN. Gatlinburg is out since we were there in April. I don't like typical touristy stuff, but we do love the outdoors.

Any suggestions?

Cheap is good too!

I was also going to say Asheville. They have excellent Bed and Breakfasts there, too. If you could swing it, I'd recommend The Grove Park Inn, but it's pretty expensive.

ETA: I live in Atlanta and the heat index was supposedly about 105 today, but it didn't feel like it to me. Plus, it's supposed to cool down next week. If you don't want to stay in the city you could consider Stone Mountain Park. There's a nice hotel on the property and the park itself is beautiful, with lots to do, including a laser show in the evenings against the backdrop of the mountain itself. We took my daughter there for her birthday last year and we stayed in the hotel on site (even though we live close by) and had THE BEST time! It was a great getaway, even for the adults.

Edited by QValencia