Menu

I just got the best crock pot cook book!! Fix-It-And-Forget-It

I saw this book advertised on Facebook and checked it out. After ordering it and taking a closer look, I can see why it is recommended so highly. I'm going to get a lot of use out of the book I'm sure. I've never seen such a large collection of recipes in one volume before.

Does anyone else own and use it? If so, what are your favorite recipes?

Blessings,

Lucinda

I saw this book advertised on Facebook and checked it out. After ordering it and taking a closer look, I can see why it is recommended so highly. I'm going to get a lot of use out of the book I'm sure. I've never seen such a large collection of recipes in one volume before.

Blessings,

Lucinda

One of my favorite recipes from the Big Cookbook is Overnight Apple Oatmeal, p. 68. I also want to try the Fruit Salsa recipe, p. 45.

Do you like it? I didn't -- I felt like there were 17 recipes for the same thing over and over. For example, chicken noodle soup -- 17 recipes. Beef stroganoff -- 17 recipes. Pulled pork -- 17 recipes. Not really on the 17 thing, but in general it seemed to me like there were numerous variations (with very little variation) for the same dish.

Blessings,

Lucinda

I love this book! I've tried several of the recipes and liked them all, but my absolute favorite is the first stew recipe, beef stew on pg 71. I've used it both beef and pork, thrown in some different veggies, it's just a solid performing yummy stew base recipe that my family gobbles up.

What I like best about this cookbook is the recipes are so normal IYKWIM.

Do you like it? I didn't -- I felt like there were 17 recipes for the same thing over and over. For example, chicken noodle soup -- 17 recipes. Beef stroganoff -- 17 recipes. Pulled pork -- 17 recipes. Not really on the 17 thing, but in general it seemed to me like there were numerous variations (with very little variation) for the same dish.

I felt the same way. I do leaf through it on occassion to get some ideas and then alter the recipe to suit our tastes.

I have this one and Fix it and forget it lightly. DH does most of the cooking/selecting recipes so I can't really say which ones are favorites but I know he uses it often. He does modify recipes with different seasonings, etc. rather than follow them exactly.

I do like this for the few occassions that I cook since my other alternative is usually the microwave. I'm not a cook at all and DH works all day so something that is simple to throw together and uses easy to find ingrediants is absolutely essential.

Funny thing, Milovany, that's one of the things I like about the book! Each to their own I guess. I have to feed a family with varying health issues, so it is great that I can choose the version of a recipe that best fits what we need on a particular day.

Blessings,

Lucinda