Menu

What do you put in your stuffed mushrooms?

Finely diced green onion

sour cream

shredded cheddar cheese

crabmeat

dash of worschestershire sauce

dash of soy sauce

finely diced mushroom stems saved from hollowing out the cap

Once filled, dip the mushroom cap in melted butter and place in a baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees until the caps are cooked through, beginning to brown.

Faith

Sauteed onion and garlic along with the mushroom stems, then I add Italian Sausage (I created the recipe when I was a vegetarian so used veg sausage but works with real sausage also), cream cheese and gorgonzola. Then, I sautee the stuffed mushrooms in a mix of garlic butter and sherry.

Yummy!!!

Sauteed onion and garlic along with the mushroom stems, then I add Italian Sausage (I created the recipe when I was a vegetarian so used veg sausage but works with real sausage also), cream cheese and gorgonzola. Then, I sautee the stuffed mushrooms in a mix of garlic butter and sherry.

Yummy!!!

I live with all vegans, so I'll have to convert the recipes. I've never used an Italian sausage, I'll have to try it.

I can see now, that I'll have to pick up some vegan crab to try that as well.

Our favorite recipe comes from a restaurant in town called DeShas. The mushrooms are stuffed with a mixture of crab, cream cheese, onions, garlic, etc. then baked. Afterwards, a layer of swiss cheese and sprinkled parmesan are put on top and broiled until melted. It's incredible!!! PM me if you want the recipe.

• 3 years later...

I read this in the am on my phone, not realizing it was an old post of mine. I thought "Ooo! Good question!!"  :lol:  Later I realized it was me who asked. Ha!

I'm making stuffed mushrooms as I type. Guess it got me craving. :)

ETA: Why would I post a mushroom question here??