Menu

My 19-year-old was interviewed on Fox Business News the other day!

Neil Cavuto interviewed him about AT&T and iPhones, which is a subject he has become somewhat of an expert on. My son got a call from Fox about 3:30 on Wednesday to appear on the 6:40 time slot. Fox sent a car and driver to take him into D.C., and off he went.

Here's a link to the interview. I don't know how long these videos are kept up on the Fox website.

http://video.foxbusiness.com/#/v/4224217/att-dumps-unlimited-plans/?playlist_id=87185

Thank you!! We're so amazed at how he has turned out. Many of you have seen my worries over this child through the years...and wow, we're just so thankful.

Fabulous! Only 19!!!

Give me hope over my worries! What kind did you have? I sure have enough....

Oh, he wasn't wild or bad or anything. He was unmotivated about homeschooling. We had to send him to private school because he would sit up in his room and stare out the window for hours. He suffers from anxiety a lot and has been known to lash out at people when they stress him -- not out of meanness, just stress. He has had to learn coping mechanisms for dealing with anxiety.

He's a very busy guy these days. He lives at home and attends college, works as an intern for a film producer (a job he's had for years), designs websites (a lucrative job that he's always in demand for), and blogs about Apple in his spare time.

Thank you all for the kind comments!

I am so sick of price gauging.

I love my iPhone. But what I love is that I can use it just as easily as my computer w/o being tied down to my computer.

Frankly if AT&T starts charging me per GB, then I will ditch either my iPhone and or AT&T in a NY minute and just use my computer when I can. I flat out cannot afford the luxury of paying $10 per gb on a convience. And if my iPhone becomes a source of financial stress everytime I need/want to use the very features that we bought it for - then I'd rather just not have the worry and get a basic cheap cell instead.

To me, it's really stupid of the cell companies to penalize customers for using their services. I think a better action than using their system heavily would be to have a week of reduced services. Let AT&T know that in this economy, raising rates might backfire. People do not have to use cellphonrs and they certainly don't have to use them as much and I think that is what a lot of people will decide to do due to neccessity.

Just mt .02 opinion.

Kudos to your son! He did a great job under pressure!

Wow! As other posters have said, your son is so articulate and focused. I'm definitely having my younger son watch the clip, and I'll show him your son's blog, too -- great food for thought! (My son is an ardent Apple fan, as you can see from my siggy ;-)

Thanks for sharing!

~Laura