Menu

Has MFS made an appearance here yet?

To me it is like many of our other terms - booKs, bean dip, MFS's M&M moments - which don't mean what they seem to mean... they are the shared language of an intimate group, and have resonance separate from or above and beyond their literal meaning...

And, Susan, I think it is sweet that you guys took one of those shared terms and used it to name the boards!

I know, in one discussion some years ago, you took exception to applying the word 'community' to the boards, but I think you *have* created a community here with its own culture, ethos, and terminology.

Well said, Eliana. I, too, feel part of a community here (even if I don't wanna bee a bee.)

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we put it to a vote?

The "Ayezzzzz" have it! I'm in!! I am all over that stinger! :rofl:

Crissy, you are some kind of funny!!!

But, if I may...these shoes should be de rigueur. (I'll never make it through a whole convention in those spikey heels!)

Doran

post-1401-13535082543474_thumb.gif

Oh my goodness! This is not the thread to be reading at 2:30 in the morning! I keep laughing out loud, and trying not to wake the entire household! What a hillarious riot of a thread this turned out to be!!

:lol::D:rofl::smilielol5::thumbup::laugh:

Or after taking a tad more than the listed dosage of prescription cough syrup. I read about half of the thread, saw Crissy's costume design and then passed out from the cough syrup.

I cannot describe the weird cough-syrup-beehive-induced dreams I had.

To me it is like many of our other terms - booKs, bean dip, MFS's M&M moments - which don't mean what they seem to mean... they are the shared language of an intimate group, and have resonance separate from or above and beyond their literal meaning...

And, Susan, I think it is sweet that you guys took one of those shared terms and used it to name the boards!

I know, in one discussion some years ago, you took exception to applying the word 'community' to the boards, but I think you *have* created a community here with its own culture, ethos, and terminology. (I have a very strong real-life community, and I would not want to replace that with a virtual one, and it is more complete... but I think 'community' is the only term which can describe what we have here. It is an incredibly diverse community, but, despite our difference in race, religion, nationality, educational philosophy, parenting style, etc there is a tone to these boards which is its own... )

This particular term wasn't one I cared for, but I became fond of it as it became one of those shared references.... and it found it touching that the new boards were named for it.

I don't know how you manage to handle the pressure, the criticisms - especially those based on misunderstandings! - and the sniping... your grace and decency have always amazed me. And yours is the model I struggle to imitate in online communications - I fail miserably, but the attempt is enriching. Since you aren't as visibly here as you were in the beginning, I don't know if everyone realizes how much you shaped the tone here... and how present you were even in discussions you did not join as we tried to make this the place we felt you wanted it to be.

Absolutely. And I couldn't add to your rep, either. :glare:

I love this idea.

I wish they had a smilie for, "I give up." Maybe :001_unsure I just can not seem to get these typos under control. :ack2: I really think that I am losing my mind. :w00t: They are coming to take me away - ha, ha. :laugh: Ok, I am just babbling now. :drool5: I'll take a :chillpill: and move on.

The "Ayezzzzz" have it! I'm in!! I am all over that stinger! :rofl:

Crissy, you are some kind of funny!!!

But, if I may...these shoes should be de rigueur. (I'll never make it through a whole convention in those spikey heels!)

Doran

Hey, how did you get a picture of my shoes!?!?