Menu

What's with the ads?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hsbaby

Help getting marshmallow out of dd's hair!!!

So, we roasted marshmallows the other night and dd(3) got a huge clump of melted marshmallow stuck in her hair:(. Now it is a huge matted knot and I don't know how to get it out!! She has very thin hair and it is finally to her shoulders, so I REALLY don't want to cut it! She also has a severe peanut/tree nut allergy so peanut butter is out! Any suggestions?

have you tried peanut butter or ice? I know it works for gum....otherwise I would put her in a shower for awhile :)

How about oil to make the marshmallow slippery? Then lots of conditioner in the shower.

Marshmallows should dissolve in warm water. I would think a good soak in the tub with some conditioner for the tangles would do the trick.

I agree completely. Marshmallows melt out of hair easily in warm water. Then you just have to deal with the resulting tangle (which would likely take a fair amount of conditioner / detangler).

I would not, not, not add anything else like peanut butter, oil, etc. Sugar is *easy* to get out. That other stuff just adds to the horror.

(And yes, lol, I've gotten sticky marshmallows out of my own hair, lol. It wasn't my fault!)

Marshmallows are pretty much pure sugar, which dissolves in warm water. I would have her take a long shower, as warm as she can stand it, use cream rinse in the marshmallow area, and then shampoo. I don't think you'll have a problem.

Thank you for all the advice!! DH gave her a bath and washed her hair, but who knows how thoroughly;). I will try again today....you know, because I have nothing better to do than getting marshmallow out of a three yr. Olds hair!!!:)

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER & RECEIVE A COUPON FOR
10% OFF
We respect your privacy.You’ll hear about new products, special discounts & sales, and homeschooling tips. *Coupon only valid for first-time registrants. Coupon cannot be combined with any other offer. Entering your email address makes you eligible to receive future promotional emails.
0 Shares
Tweet
Pin