Menu

Where to buy *inexpensive* yet good quality fine art posters for schoolroom?

I have not personally shopped here but the National Gallery of Art has a wide selection and the prints are reasonable, starting at about $5.

http://shop.nga.gov/nga/category.cgi?category=reproductions

In a different area of their site they sell note card sized reproductions.

Related to this, I have borrowed art curriculum (free!) from the National Gallery to teach art history in a co-op. The prints are beautiful.

If you are just wanting them for periodic viewing or discussion... linking your laptop to your tv, and finding good internet websites is a great way to go.

You can view them on a large screen without having to store them.

I almost bought a projector for this same purpose but a different room last year. Alas, my money went to medical bills instead. Maybe next year.

You could look around for calendars that are being remaindered. I picked up a bunch one year at B&N for $1 apiece and now I've got a lot of art for less than $5. Of course, you can't always find specific prints this way, but if you're flexible, it's a very cheap way to decorate your classroom with classics.

I cut the binder off and took out my favorite pictures--30 or so. I bought some thick sheets at the craft store (can't remember what they're called, but they were the size of poster board and about 1/4 inch thick) and the craft store cut these for free. I used spray adhesive and put the picture on this board. These were really light and were easy to put on the wall.

My mom did something similar when I was growing up. She cut out art reproductions and put them behind a pre-cut mat. She put these up on the cement walls of our unfinished basement. I used to love looking at these, and it gave me an appreciation for art even though we never discussed the pictures.

Great ideas, one and all! Thank you!!:001_smile:

Ya, know an iPad could be a wonderful toy, ooops I mean tool for art! You could each have your own copy of the art work, zoom in, research it....it could really, really make a difference in your children's art history education!

Thank you, Eliana! Done!

564512 Vincent Van Gogh (The Starry Night) Art Poster Print - 24" X 36" 1 $6.80

563995 Leonardo Da Vinci (Mona Lisa) Art Poster Print - 24" X 36" 1 $6.80

563888 Rare Michelangelo Creation of Adam Poster Art Huge - 24" x 36" 1 $6.80

564196 Rare Raphael School Of Athens Poster ART Art Huge - 24" x 36" 1 $6.80