Menu

What would you toss on the bonfire?

Our sectional sofa and matching recliner, excess clothes excess paperwork, junk toys (the kids REALLY don't play with many toys, they play with their plush toys, video games, and everyday objects).

The entertainment center in our family room (it's going into the dumpster when we move <insert happy dance>).

We are pretty ruthless about culling unnecessary or unwanted items.

I'm going through a wardrobe crisis now, though, and would gladly be rid of every article of clothing I own--assuming, of course, that I would get some insurance money to replace them!

It is an OLD set of redwood picnic table and chairs handed down from in-laws. It was never taken care of, and the top of the table is falling apart, and chairs are too dangerous to sit on - you get the picture. It looks like cr*p!!

Last week was our annual "no fee for throwing out more than you are normally allowed spring cleaning city-wide junk fest." The kids even asked hubby to PLEASE let us drag the rotting wood items to the curb. Nooooo - he really thinks, this un-handiman, that someday he will figure out how to repair the items. Sigh. So it remains in the middle of our not-big backyard, an eyesore.

Anyone got a match?

The traditional tables I bought when I was going through *that* decorating phase, the toys my kids never play with but can't part with, most of my wardrobe, all the gadgets my gadget-guy dh buys, all the sports equipment I bought because I was going to play (not!)

boxes and boxes of papers that dh has accumulated

scrap wood

all clothes predating 2000

all the fishing gear that never, ever gets used

boxes from every small appliance/electronics item we've ever owned

old towels and bedding

the ugly chair and desk from the late 70's

all of the paper airplanes in our house

and if I'm really feeling ruthless after all of that, maybe the old leather couch that has seen better days so I could get a new one

my dh sweater collection from the '80s....you know you've got 'em too!

any toy that needs AA batteries

vintage 1986 Kenwood stereo complete with very large speakers

(I remembered that one after dh just walked by, looked at my post, and said "glad you didn't list my stereo:lol:)

all of our old engineering and veterinary textbooks and notes (no computers were used in the education of either one of us!)