Menu

Family update - good news and bad news

Good news: More pleasant to hear first. Dd17 found a car. I think we were in the right place at the right time, and got a great deal. She got a 1997 Nissan Maxima GLE with only 130K miles, out the door for $4,000. They had just gotten it in on a trade and hadn't even cleaned or priced it yet. We swooped in and our mechanic has deemed it a really good car and great price. yay! Only, she has 12 more days until her birthday and drivers test so she can't drive it alone just yet. She's so proud of herself!

Bad news: my cat, Lacey, passed away suddenly on Mother's Day. We are thinking it was a heart attack or stroke. We're still in shock. I'll miss her tremendously. :(

Good news: More pleasant to hear first. Dd17 found a car. I think we were in the right place at the right time, and got a great deal. She got a 1997 Nissan Maxima GLE with only 130K miles, out the door for $4,000. They had just gotten it in on a trade and hadn't even cleaned or priced it yet. We swooped in and our mechanic has deemed it a really good car and great price. yay! Only, she has 12 more days until her birthday and drivers test so she can't drive it alone just yet. She's so proud of herself!

Bad news: my cat, Lacey, passed away suddenly on Mother's Day. We are thinking it was a heart attack or stroke. We're still in shock. I'll miss her tremendously. :(

I am so sorry about your cat. :grouphug:

Whoo Hoo for your dd!!:auto:

:driving: are you ready for your daughter to be driving her own car?!

Um.. no. I look at her and see her in her little motorized Barbie car bumping into my garage door! :lol:

My BIL sent me a video of a staged accident about a teenager texting while driving. The images are still imprinted on my head. It had a camera mounted on the front windshield and you can actually see the occupants in the car. It was a terrible outcome for the 3 vehicles involved. We've talked about this before because she's been riding in a car with friends. I told her that no matter where she is, if the driver starts texting, tell them she needs to get out of the car maybe to go to the bathroom or something, and then refuse to get back into the car and CALL me. I will pick her up with no grumbling. As for her own car, she said she wouldn't do anything so stupid when it was her money that paid for the car. But I talk about it. ALOT. It's really a scary thing!