Menu

If we'd ALL do something like this....

We've got 10 people in 1600 sq ft with no basement. It feels a little crowded at times. I'll take your McMansion if you want to trade for mine. I would like at least 5 bedrooms, a sunroom, and a basement. Ooo, and I want a really big kitchen and a really big master bedroom with a sitting room. Any takers? Anyone? *Big Grin*

I'm an Ugly American. I want my space and lots of it.

That's not ugly! It's just a simple fact that we have a lot more space here in the States.

I'm sure that guy would trade his sliding walls for a dedicated bathroom and kitchen in a heartbeat.

No, thanks. I like my McMansion.:D

:iagree::iagree:

Its very creative, but I want no part of it!

:iagree::iagree:Not enjoying the downsize we did 18 months ago -- love the de-clutter, but not the smaller rooms, etc. Cannot wait to go back to a McMansion - sorry.

I am curious about one thing.....are those books or cds and why would he allow so much space be eaten up by them? With the digital capabilities now, one would think that he would use that space a little more efficiently.

You're a HOMESCHOOLER, and you have to ask that question? :lol:

My daughter and I live in a 1 bedroom, 400 sq foot apartment. It's... tough. We have MANY, MANY books, most of which are stored at my parents house (But they live 3 hours away, so if I store a book there I can't just drive over and pick it up!) I think that's my biggest issue! Sure, it's hard work keep it uncluttered, and it's difficult working with a small kitchen... but I miss my books!!

We will be in this apartment for another two years, when I graduate we'll be moving to graduate school and probably another small apartment. Let me just say... when I get out of school and get a job, we will have at least three bedrooms, one for me, one for her, and one for our library!

With that said, I plan to live in smaller houses. I'd rather put the money towards travel and nice cars.

We just came out of less than 1000 sq. ft. in September. All I can say it thank goodness! Three people, two cats and two dogs in that tiny space didn't get it.

I don't want a McMansion, but I do want at least 2000 sq. ft. with a usable basement.