Menu

Big brother-ish

I know you can do it, but I haven't done it myself. I've seen others mention within threads that "they are viewing this thread right now". I find it ICKY, and figure some people just like to have that little bit of "power", KWIM? But, just because it says that *I* am viewing something, does NOT mean that's what I am doing at that moment. I leave my windows open all day- I am in and out of here alot. :D

Look at the circles beside each name in this thread. Some are green, some are gray, and mine is red, meaning I can't be tracked. In your control panel you can click "edit options" and put on your invisibility cloak.

Exactly. I took mine off. The only way you can know that I'm on here and where I'm reading is if I post in a thread.

I like it that way.

Just coverin' tracks!!;)

Exactly. I took mine off. The only way you can know that I'm on here and where I'm reading is if I post in a thread.

I like it that way.

Just coverin' tracks!!;)

Well, put it back on! I thought *I* was paranoid! Really, how am I going to follow you around if you're all cloaked? And know what you're thinking? And watch your every move? And keep it all in my big notebook? :lol:

Sometimes I'll answer a thread if the last person to post is still on. I want to know someone's listening, and we can go back and forth in real time.

Coverin' tracks? I call it "hoarding the brownies!"! :lol::lol:

laughing.gif

Too funny!

Guess what?

Today I got an email from my friend's 8yo dd. She needed me to answer a survey question for a math assignment. She wanted to know my favorite dessert from the list of four that she gave. I told her that cake is my favorite of those choices, but since I don't have any around I'm eating brownies and no, I'm not sharing them with her!

How sick is that? Hoarding brownies from an 8 year old!!!! :001_huh:

Well, they are Medicinal Brownies. Wouldn't want to go giving the kiddo any er, um, medicine...

Well, put it back on! I thought *I* was paranoid! Really, how am I going to follow you around if you're all cloaked? And know what you're thinking? And watch your every move? And keep it all in my big notebook? :lol:

Sometimes I'll answer a thread if the last person to post is still on. I want to know someone's listening, and we can go back and forth in real time.

Ummm,

Admins? Help? Please?

I feel like gardenschooler is stalking me. lol6.gif

I always feel like

Somebody's watchin' meeeee

Oh oh oh oh

I always feel like

Somebody's watchin' meee

Who's playing tricks on me?

Oh wait. This isn't the "thread killer" thread, is it? :001_huh:

Well, OK then. :D How's it goin' there, G?

I just realized (from stalking you ;) ) that you're in Memphis. Dee-aitch and I were married in Millington! Small world, eh?

Brownie? :D

Well, OK then. :D How's it goin' there, G?

I just realized (from stalking you ;) ) that you're in Memphis. Dee-aitch and I were married in Millington! Small world, eh?

Brownie? :D

I saw that in the 'where have you lived' thread. How cool! That's why you're my new favorite person. I'll be following you from now on.

Anj, you're so yesterday! I am *over* you! 2.gif

I have seen, on some board, at some point in the past- a post where one woman "stalked" another woman online ALL DAY LONG- and posted the amount of time that the woman she was stalking had spent online on that message board and on another (maybe another 2 or 3). I believe that she was not a homeschooler, and the person she stalked WAS a homeschooler- and she was trying to "prove" that HS moms are all lazy bums that sit around all day and neglect the education of their children, therefore ALL children should HAVE to attend PS. Blech.

So, there's one example :p

I've seen others mention within threads that "they are viewing this thread right now". I find it ICKY, and figure some people just like to have that little bit of "power", KWIM?

It does seem rather Big Brother-ish, like Melissa said. But since I'm one who has done just what you mentioned here, I feel compelled now to explain. There were two times when people questioned the validity of a discussion; they wondered aloud why the person who started the thread never came back. Both times, I went and looked at the public profiles of the persons in question to see if that was truly the case. In one instance, the thread-starter had just viewed the thread earlier in the day (but not yet posted a reply); the second time, the thread-starter was viewing the thread at that very moment. I did share that because I wanted others to be reminded that people can be in their midst, but simply reading replies.:)