Menu

Allow me one more whine

and then I'll give it up. I just found out that this horse:

http://www.dreamhorse.com/show_horse.php?form_horse_id=1533106&share_this=Y

is very close to here. Very close. Word is the owners paid $30,000 for him. He is a Shining Spark son. I have ALWAYS dreamed about owning one of his offspring. He's from the Carol Rose ranch in Texas, and Clinton Anderson buys horses from them. There's a video on the ad. Not perfect, but pretty dang impressive.

The stud fee is ridiculously low for some reason. I have no Quarter horse mares left. If Memphis was alive she'd be there tonight. I can't decide whether to beat my head against the wall or just break down and cry.

Edited by Remudamom

Oh!!!!! he's just magnificent!!! If I had a mare now I'd be sending her to that stud too. WOW.

I was just thinking about you... and your horse. I lost a really good horse a few yrs back and shortly after I decided to sell all of my livestock and move to a house with covenants....

STUPID STUPID me.. it wasnt my best move ever hahaha. Now we're looking to sell our house and move someplace with acreage so I can get horses again.

Well, I just sold her dam, Shiloh about a month ago to a good friend. Shiloh's a bit prettier than Memphis was, but I doubt she'd want to breed her.

Sometimes things just don't work out.

One of the kids told me to bring in my Arabian mare, but aside from the fact she's Arabian, not Qh, she's almost impossible to settle. The only reason I got a filly out of her is because we let her run with our stallion for about six months. And the last time we bred her to a Qh stallion she lost the baby, almost died and took a couple of years to recover.

If my 22yo gelding was a mare and not 22 years old, I'd give *her* to you to breed and let you keep the baby.

Unfortunately, this won't help much. :tongue_smilie: Is he part of the "Doc" & "Little Lena" line? I've been out of the breeding circles for too long to recognize any other names.

Edited by Liz CA

If my 22yo gelding was a mare and not 22 years old, I'd give *her* to you to breed and let you keep the baby.

Unfortunately, this won't help much. :tongue_smilie: Is he part of the "Doc" & "Little Lena" line? I've been out of the breeding circles for too long to recognize any other names.

Shining Spark. Doc lines. Three Bars.

Throwing in my whine, too. That stallion and the mare I just sold are related (Doc Bar and Doc Olena).

I will sneak into the stable, wrangle my mare, and bring her to you. She has wonderful babies who make money in the ring.

BTW - what is the current penalty for stealing horses?

Last I checked it was a hanging offense.