Menu

Any FRINGEies out there want to discuss? (spoilers)

I don't know... but what do you think will happen now that his son knows? OMG I can't stand it. And what s with this weird episode they are doing next wee?

Danielle

We love love, love, Fringe here! I don't watch much T.V., but I won't miss Fringe.

I think it was Walternate and it gave me an epiphany. We know that our Walter loved his son so much that he went to the other side to get him to save him. I realized last night that Walternate loves his son just as much and has probably spent all of this time trying to find a way over here to get Peter back. He is the one that is pulling the strings on in that universe and it is my guess that Belly is there to keep him in check. I don't think the person in the lab was important, just a soilder doing his bosses bidding.

I also realized that once Peter was removed from that universe and something was not immediately returned to it, that the two universe would be out of balance. I think Belly went there to replace Peter and keep Walternate in check. I am afraid though that Walternate will succeed and Peter will go to the other universe. I also think that we are going to start seeing a lot more of the complexities of the relationships that have only been hinted at so far.

I think it was Walternate and it gave me an epiphany. We know that our Walter loved his son so much that he went to the other side to get him to save him. I realized last night that Walternate loves his son just as much and has probably spent all of this time trying to find a way over here to get Peter back. He is the one that is pulling the strings on in that universe and it is my guess that Belly is there to keep him in check. I don't think the person in the lab was important, just a soilder doing his bosses bidding.

I also realized that once Peter was removed from that universe and something was not immediately returned to it, that the two universe would be out of balance. I think Belly went there to replace Peter and keep Walternate in check. I am afraid though that Walternate will succeed and Peter will go to the other universe. I also think that we are going to start seeing a lot more of the complexities of the relationships that have only been hinted at so far.

Good, good points. The scenes from the other side on the Peter flashback episode showed a loving family...

Peter KNOWS that Olivia can see the shimmer...why isn't he mad at her? Or is he? So is the guy on this side (I never can remember his name) who is orchestrating those shape shifters working for Walternate then?

I don't think that Peter's Mom (on this side) committed suicide. I think she's over there for some reason...or perhaps SHE is the one being kept alive on the table in shape shifters's boss's lab. (Sorry in advance to Mrs. Mungo if I got those apostrophes wrong...)

I don't think that Peter's Mom (on this side) committed suicide. I think she's over there for some reason...or perhaps SHE is the one being kept alive on the table in shape shifters's boss's lab. (Sorry in advance to Mrs. Mungo if I got those apostrophes wrong...)

Oh, I don't know. I have never really given her much thought at all because I have been focused on all of the main characters but I can see where she could play a very important part.

Oh, I don't know. I have never really given her much thought at all because I have been focused on all of the main characters but I can see where she could play a very important part.

There are no unimportant characters in a J.J. Abrams show. Every character is purposeful. The fact that Peter even mentioned his Mom to Olivia this week indicates that she is now on the radar.

good points.

I was thinking it was Walter too. Will someone give that man an Emmy, btw. You could see his heart break when Peter told him off last night.

good points.

I was thinking it was Walter too. Will someone give that man an Emmy, btw. You could see his heart break when Peter told him off last night.

:iagree: I love Walter. I think he is my favorite tv character ever. The entire family knows I have a standing date with Walter on Thursday nights. They always say mom is going to watch Walter not mom is going to Fringe. :001_smile:

I love Fringe! I can't wait to see who it was, but I had had the thought that it was Walternate. I also wonder the roll of the "man". Remember they saved Peter after Walter brought him over because they botched it up the first time. Why did Peter need to be saved?

I didn't realize that Walternate knew about the other universe, so I'm interested in learning how he found out, or who is helping him get to this side. We know that the other universe is more technologically advanced than this one because they had cell phones in the 1960's. Oh, I just don't know.

I think that Peter is probably mad at Olivia, and that he just hasn't had a chance to talk to her yet. He left the hospital. He didn't come running to her.

I hadn't really thought about his Mom's role in the show, but I know it's coming up or why would it have been mentioned.

There are no unimportant characters in a J.J. Abrams show. Every character is purposeful. The fact that Peter even mentioned his Mom to Olivia this week indicates that she is now on the radar.

Ok, I have been thinking about this all day. I did think it was odd when Peter brought up the thing about his mom but I wasn't sure if I had forgotten some of the backstory or if it was new info but in any case I interpreted it as just Peter's way explaining to himself Walter's unusually odd behavior. So are we thinking that the dying shape shifter is the mom from this universe, that went over there for some reason and now she's tried to come back, or are we thinking that the shape shifter is the mom from the other universe that has come here for some reason (probably to get Peter)?