Menu

Avid fruit & vegie growers ...

Very nice! Your bananas, so many! I didn't look at everything, just a little, but I will go back and read and :drool5:.

I planted some spinach seeds t'other day and next day it rained, and rained, next day it rained, and the next day it rained. When I looked at my garden the spinach area had about 2 inches of water sitting on top of it.

I would suppose there will be no success here. It is almost too late to plant where I live (the heat will come).

Maaaaaaan! I'm so jealous!! We have a piddly little suburban section!! I'm turning the entire backyard into garden.

I'm just starting to plant my winter crops now :)

Luckymama: most of Australia has a year round growing season as very few areas get snow. What can be grown each season varies greatly depending on area as our climate varies from temperate to subtropical to desert.

Thanks for taking a look.

I can't take any credit for this beautiful garden as we just bought this house and only moved in last week. We did have a small vegie garden at the old place along with 500 square meters of dirt! The garden was a great selling point for us. We have chooks too :) And have been considering some kind of aquaculture set up so that we can have eating fish.

We should be able to grow vegies all year round just the varieties will be seasonal. With the fruits they will obviously fruit at different times. We have a crop of passionfruit and bananas just waiting to ripen up.

Oh, I am SO JEALOUS. We have a ton of space here that we could use to plant, but we're covered by giant oak trees. Wonderful for keeping the house cool and yard shady and appealing, but no darn good for planting anything :( I fantasize about fabulous gardens, but unless we invest in taking out some massive, healthy oak trees, it's the greenmarket for us *sigh* You are so very lucky. Enjoy your new home and all your vegetation!

OOOhh, that's my dream.

We rent in suburbia. I still have a vegie garden, even chickens and I am going to start planting tree seeds in pots soon. In preparation for the land I intend to get one day!

If anyone here loves to vegie garden and is at the more...mmm, crunchy end of the spectrum...check out the Anastasia books. Too esoteric for most here (and not Christian although in a way she is Christian, just not traditional), but someone might be interested. I love them. My library had the first in the series- I went out and bought the whole set after reading the first.

http://www.anastasiasgarden.com/aboutthebooks/

Oh to have a year round growing season....it makes my heart go pitter patter. You have a lovely yard. I can see why it was a buying feature!

I am just getting trees, bushes, berries and some veggies in the ground now, but then I only have a 4ish month growing season.

Enjoy your new home and yard!