Menu

Are You Smater Than a 5th Grader? (quiz)

The students on the show study for every question. If they studied and remembered, they know the answers. I do not believe the average 5th grader could answer most of those questions correctly.

ETA: I have watched the show and I can answer most of the questions. Though I doubt it, my hope would be that most adults would be able to. From what I'm seeing in the "really good" school district I work in, that will not be the case when these high schoolers are adults.

Edited by 2J5M9K

The Hirsch books "What your x grader needs to know" are a good series. I think there are perhaps questions at the end of each section but I'm not sure.

Unfortunately there are not. They do offer Teacher Handbooks that have worksheets, questions, etc. but they are fairly expensive.

To answer the title question: If fifth-graders can answer all the questions correctly, then, no, I am not smarter than a fifth-grader! :glare: (Well, I am not more knowledgeable than a fifth-grader. Perhaps I am smarter than some. But that's a different matter entirely.)

And I don't have an answer to the question in the body of your post, either!