Menu

What are your favorite pasta dishes using leftover chicken?

I like to make extra chicken when dh grills. Then I toss the chicken with noodles, chunked cheese (any kind), olives, onion, cucumber, or whatever I am in the mood for and pour on some italian or ranch dressing. My kids love it. They have all things they'll pick out but they all eat it.

We just made Pink Pasta and Chicken and it was delicious!

1 large can crushed tomatoes

Whipping cream til it turns pink.

Add chicken and veggies; heat through

Yum.

(Just don't serve this to someone you are having to your house for the first time...then you have to say things like, "I'm sorry..we don't normally have pink food." :001_huh:)

My grandmother's super easy chicken and noodles:

Boil a quart or two of chicken broth (homemade preferable but you can use store bought and it turns out fine)

Add egg noodles and cook until almost done

Add leftover chicken

Add veggies (I usually just add frozen peas because that's what my grandmother does but you can add anything.)

Top with fresh ground pepper.

Enjoy!

A warning though, this dish is really simple but kids love it. My super skinny kids will eat two adult sized portions of this dish.

It doesn't have to be Italian. ;) Stir-fry the veggies in some oil and soy sauce, then toss with the pasta and chicken.

This is pretty much my secret recipe for Easy Lo Mein. I use day old cooked spaghetti because it seems to absorb the soy sauce better.

Edited by aggieamy

Add a little mayo or plain yogurt, some fresh crunchy veggies like chopped carrots, onions,celery, bell peppers, etc, and make a cold pasta salad. It is one of my dh's favorites!

I also second the soup ideas. I often make a chicken veggie soup with leftovers. No specific recipe though - just season to taste. Sometimes I use chicken broth, sometimes diced tomatoes or tomato/vegetable juice.

This is one of our favorites...

Boil a pound of penne pasta and add some green beans, fresh or frozen. Meanwhile mix together about 3/4 cup may, 1-2 tbs pesto sauce, and 1 tbs vinegar. When the pasta is ready mix it all up with the chicken and some sliced cherry tomatoes and enjoy.

We just had this for dinner today!

Earlier in the week I sautéed a bunch of veggies and have been using this mix in everything from omelets to lentils (onion, carrots, celery, garlic, portabella mushrooms, chopped fine in food processor, sautéed in butter adding each in order about every 5 minutes.)

Tonight, I boiled some whole wheat angel hair pasta, chopped up the remainder of a Whole Foods rotisserie chicken, added the above veggie compote, mixed it all together with more butter, and topped with kalamata olives - divine!

Tomorrow I will boil the bones of the chicken for broth and use in soup or another pot of lentils with the remaining veggie sautee.

My philosophy on cooking is everything I prepare should give me a leg up on the next meal.