Menu

Thanks to the MCT aficionados

Susan in KY

I bought MCT Grammar Town last weekend. We have been using it this week, and I LOVE it! Maybe I'll have to buy the whole program next time....:D

Yes...:D...my kids (and I) liked Grammar Town so much that we had to buy the whole program.

Did I talk to you? I was babbling to everyone there. The booth was pretty busy the whole time.

I agree with Matroyshka, it only gets better after the Grammar book! :D

I don't think we talked. I pretty much only interacted with the elderly gentleman who was with MCT running the booth, and one other mom who was wondering whether or not she should buy it. I said I thought she should. :001_smile:

I don't think we talked. I pretty much only interacted with the elderly gentleman who was with MCT running the booth, and one other mom who was wondering whether or not she should buy it. I said I thought she should. :001_smile:

I was attempting to help out at the booth as much as I could. I met so many board members, it was crazy. I could not remember WHO I met, only that I wish I had selected a better board name, as having people ask "Are you radiobrain!?" while in front of MCT & Dr. T was sort of embarrassing. :tongue_smilie:

That man was Dr. Tom Kemnitz. He is the "man" behind RFWP, his father was the artist for the MCT elementary series, he has authored several rfwp selections, and he is a wonderful man.

Edited by radiobrain

Welcome to the MCTLA family.

Radio- I love the avatar!:lol:

'Aficionado' sounds so much better than 'groupie,' 'fanatic,' 'disciple,' or 'hanger-on.' Also better than 'addict,' 'fiend,' 'freak.'

And better than: 'junkie,' 'maniac,' 'zealot,' 'nuts,' 'fanaticos,' 'extremists,' and 'bugs.'

I bought MCT Grammar Town last weekend. We have been using it this week, and I LOVE it! Maybe I'll have to buy the whole program next time....:D

This is great to hear, but I agree with the other "aficionados." It's just the first course. Paragraph Town is quite possibly one of my favorite home schooling resources of all time so far. My son loved it. We are in our 8th month of using MCT's Voyage level and we still enjoy it as much now as when we started. When you begin to use the other components, you'll have continuous "Ah ha" moments. And Caesar's English? Oh yeah, baby! It doesn't get any better than that for vocabulary.

Have fun on the MCT journey. I know you will.

But I like being a zealot. It gives me purpose!!

:smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5:Now there is a subtle understatement.