Menu

What are our options for online Latin classes?

Perry

I want dd to take online Latin classes beginning next year, for 8th grade, and to continue through 4 years of HS. We did Latin for Children A,B, and part of C, but it's been a couple years and I don't think she remembers all that much.

What are our options? I know about the Memoria Press courses, but what else is available? Secular is preferable, but not absolutely required.

I can't help her much, so it needs to be something that does not need much parental involvement.

Thanks.

Cambridge offers online courses - I haven't used them though. I think that Peela might have done for a while. Look for the 'Independent Learners' section.

Laura

Yes, and Cambridge is secular.

Dd did their 3rd book with them.

My experience was that one would still need to be self motivated and probably supervised well by a parent. They don't hold you hand very much or give a lot of feedback...they mark the work, and you can ask questions.

I really like Cambridge though- the stories are interesting and there is a lot of cultural knowledge in there too.

Welll, for what it's worth, Karen at Lonepine said if you email her she'll send you a link to watch a class recording. However, she also said that the waiting list for Latin 100 is at 16 and counting (but that a lot can happen b/t now and then).

Thank you.

In some ways I hesitate to ask (as my son is still too young) but we've been playing with Lingua Latina and I'd love to see what the options are coming down the pike.

I could use a little help too. Does the "audit" option mean you can watch the classes but don't participate in the classes, or that one just doesn't get an official credit? Or do you know?

Bill