Menu

it's Spring

EEK!

Okay, it's not the bats that freak me out, it's the scratching in the walls. When I was a kid (middle school?) we went to the movies and saw Aliens. That movie freaked. me. out. Then we had mice in the walls of our house and would hear them scratching at night. I dreamed often that it was the Alien that would pop out at any minute.:eek::leaving:

With 'white nose syndrome' causing such huge bat die-offs, there's a large part of me rejoicing to hear you have bats at all.

Sharing a bathroom wall with them is going too far though. :)

Bat houses are what you need. We've got bats on the property & I've been wanting to put up some bat houses to encourage more.....

Sad to say but the boys and I just learned all about bat infestation in homes by our weekly viewing of "Billy the Exterminator".:tongue_smilie:

He told the woman with the bat problem a story about a church with a bat infestation and the weight of the droppings eventually collapsed part of the church ceiling. EWWW!!!!! Billy did safely rid this family's house of the problem-not one bat was hurt!

I am all about protecting the bat population, but the diseases that are affiliated with bat droppings, also known as guano, are quite dangerous, especially to small children. (histoplasmosis is on top of the list) Not only that but they tend to 'drop' where they nest and the guano eventually could become such a large pile that it could possibly do some damage to a home- mainly the drywall, etc., and the urine smell is outrageous. I know I sound like a Debbie Downer here, sorry about that. Things like critters in a home just put me on the edge.:scared: I better stop watching the A&E channel.:lol: Is there any way you could call Billy to help you out with this???:tongue_smilie: He would do his best to save them!

"Hey, Billy..." Love that show...:leaving:

Have they had babies yet for sure??? When we had a bat in our house, the "bat man" told us that the baby bats aren't born until August (here in MI). We thought we had mice in the attic. But, come to find out, it was a colony of BATS! When they started coming into my living space, we acted immediately. Bat man came out and put a door on their entrances and exits. They could get out and not in. Then, after all the bats had a chance to leave, we closed up the holes. Uck, uck, uck.