Menu

Can you hardboil eggs in a Microwave?

I think that would be a super-bad idea. Eggs explode under pressure in a microwave. That often ruins the microwave.

If there's some way to hard-boil eggs in a microwave, I do not know about it.

That is what I was wondering... I guess an oven wouldn't work great either, huh? :tongue_smilie:

Yes youcan!!! I have a egg cooker for the microwave it looks like an egg tht you open up and fill with water. It has a metal tray youcan put 4 eggs at a time. I don't use it very often because it only cooks 4 eggs. If you google microwave egg cooker you'll see it. If you just eant to cook an egg for eating, (not decorating) you can put a small bowl of water in the microwave until hot, crack the egg, add to the bowl (I use a custard cup) and cook until desired hardness. (I use this method for eggs benedict sometimes.)

Lara

Do not microwave an egg in it's shell or even without it's shell (but still in a hard-boiled shape). I started to eat a hard-boiled egg once and found that it was too runny inside. So I microwaved it for 10 seconds. I let it cool on the outside and took a bite. The egg exploded in my face! I had blistery burns on my nose and under my nose, and all over my lips.

I wonder if you could do it in cast iron on the grill or in a fire pit?

hmmm... that's a thought...

Do not microwave an egg in it's shell or even without it's shell (but still in a hard-boiled shape). I started to eat a hard-boiled egg once and found that it was too runny inside. So I microwaved it for 10 seconds. I let it cool on the outside and took a bite. The egg exploded in my face! I had blistery burns on my nose and under my nose, and all over my lips.

Okay... so I'm convinced NOT to use the microwave! Ouch!

I always start my eggs in cold water, but I wonder what would happen if you just boiled water in a teapot and poured it over the eggs and let them sit.

You could try it with one and see what happens.. Or maybe two and test them several minuts apart to see how long it takes for them to get done.

To boil my eggs I bring the water up to a boil and then turn it off and cover with a lid and sit until cool enough to handle.

My suggestion would be to bring the eggs to room temp in a pot and then boil the water in the microwave and pour over the eggs and cover. By the time the water cools the eggs should be cooked.