Menu

I am so gullible I.... (finish the sentence)

I've got the all time winner for being duped. I've told this before. Dh discovered little buttons on the backside of our van's steering wheel that ran the radio. He was going through the channels, stopping on music that I liked and skipping songs I didn't like and I didn't know what was going on with the radio. He convinced me it had AI, and had programmed itself to please my taste in music according to what it knew I listened to.

The kids caught on quickly and almost went into cardiac arrest with dh changing channels and my amazement.

I went to college near my grandparents after growing up in a resort town with lots of lakes and water. Even after staying with my grandparents every summer for 20 years prior, I somehow managed to believe some friends there when they wanted to go swimming in a nearby lake. Now, I had never heard or seen of that lake in all those years but still believed there was one that I had somehow missed. Imagine my surprise when they took me to a large POND, with a lifeguard and I had to pay $3 to swim! :tongue_smilie:

Just recently I was buried in a book while DH and the kids were watching a football game (maybe superbowl??).....a Chick-Fil-A commercial came on and there were cows in parachutes going down towards a football field. Since I was only half paying attention I briefly REALLY thought the cows were in parachutes and I said, "Wow, those cows must be really stressed out right now." My dh and kids stared at me in amazement and then busted out laughing in unison. I don't think I will ever live it down.