Menu

i watched 19 kids and counting for the 1st time....

last night. what a wonderful show! really they are such a beautiful family. i love the way their children behave, like children yet with the utmost respect for others. really wonderful. i would love to have 19 kids. what a blessing they are to the crzy tv world we have. the girls always so fashionable in their skirts to! love them, i think i am hooked/

I just love their family. Jim Bob can be so corny, but it's obvious the kids love him. He also treats Michelle extremely well - very respectful and affectionate.

I'm pretty sure they use Alpha Omega for their curriculum. I know the older kids all do their work on the computer. Younger kids use workbooks and such until they're ready for AO. (whoops - previous poster is right - they use SOS)

I had to cover my eyes last night when they were putting the feeding tube into little Josie. I can't imagine being a mom and watching that get done to my baby. Such a hard thing they're going through.

Edited by Rhonda in TX
mistake

We love them here at our house - what a wonderful family!

I had to laugh at the episode where one of the younger boys couldn't/wouldn't find his schoolbooks and get to work. I think he wandered throughout the house half the morning pretending to look for it. I would have blown a gasket if it was my kid but Michelle and the older girls were sooo calm with him.

Edited by Mothersweets

I wish so much I could be as calm, cool and collected as Michelle seems to be with her kids. I have always had a problem with having a shorter temper with my kids than I would like...nothing horrible...but just not as calm as Michelle.

Yeah. Me too. I think God found her more deserving than I. :tongue_smilie:

I love the Duggars and really enjoy their show. My 13 yo ds likes them too. He was on Youtube last night watching something environmental and someone in the comments section was ripping the Duggars to shreds. He came to tell me about it and was pretty mad that there are such hateful people out there with nothing better to do than insult the Duggars on a video totally unrelated to them.

Last night's episode made my heart hurt for Michelle to see her crying/hurting for her baby.

I confess I haven't seen it and won't see it. Why? Because I'm insecure enough in who I am as a person, wife and mother. Seeing someone like the Duggars would make me crawl into a hole and hide, give my dc away, tell my dh to find a better woman, etc. Seriously, I can't bring myself to watch this show. How pathetic is that?! :D

I was reading a magazine the other day and someone wrote in to complain about the Duggars. Apparently they don't know how they are taxing our economy and school system. I just started laughing. Yeah. This debt free homeschooling family is killing this country.

There was also an episode where a camera man took his daughter with him to work. The teenage girl commented on how surpised she was that the family she met was just like the one on TV. They were real. That made me happy to hear. Although I just don't know how long you could be fake with that many kids. :lol:

Didn't seem to help the Gosselins...

DARN! You beat me to this joke that was just dying to be cracked!

Me too. I have read their book , but would really like a parenting one with specific examples.

I think they don't want to open that can of worms. :tongue_smilie: Like with the blanket training, they say they "do something negative" to train them to stay on the blankets. Hmm....what might that be? I'm sure they figure they are criticized enough.