Menu

Dish Network Question

I want to add the DVR feature to my current service. When I called this afternoon, they told me that I have to sign a new two year contract (which I just signed in Oct 2009) to add the DVR feature. It's a whopping $6/month and I have to sign an entirely new agreement? Does anyone know any way around this? I live in the middle of nowhere, and Dish Network is my only option - not to mention that I still have 1.5yrs on my current contract.

Where's the smiley for blowing your top??

I would call back and ask to speak with a supervisor, and tell him/her you're considering canceling your service altogether if you can't just add the DVR to your existing contract. Managers can often do wondrous things when a customer threatens to take their business elsewhere. :)

I want to add the DVR feature to my current service. When I called this afternoon, they told me that I have to sign a new two year contract (which I just signed in Oct 2009) to add the DVR feature. It's a whopping $6/month and I have to sign an entirely new agreement? Does anyone know any way around this? I live in the middle of nowhere, and Dish Network is my only option - not to mention that I still have 1.5yrs on my current contract.

Every time we have done anything like that, we have had to sign a new two year contract...but I *thought that the two years start the day you sign the contract...so you would not have 3.5 years on your contract...you would just start over with a brand new 2 year...adding only 6 months.

Call them and tell them you want to cancel. You may have to follow through but when I wanted to upgrade to a DVR they wanted to charge me $120. I called and talked to a supervisor, same response. So I went with local cable. When I called to cancel, they transfered me to a sales person who said "oh, well, how about we send you that DVR for free?" :001_huh: I was SOOOOO MAD.

That was a couple years ago though. They never offered me a 2 year contract option. I would have taken it. But I'll bet they'll work with you if you tell them to turn it off!

BTW, I really dislike Dishnetwork because they kept billing us for 3 months after we cancelled. They said it was the phone company's fault since we bundled, the phone company said it was their fault. I put BOTH of them on the phone with my nice new three-way calling from my cable company and made them work it out!!!

Edited by jannylynn