Menu

WWE Workbook Organization Questions.

BlessedMom

If you just buy the workbook how do you organize and use it?

I know some go to an office store and have the book taken apart and then spiral bound etc...

If you didn't choose that option, please share what other creative ways you have found to organize and use it?

Some possible options I thought about:

Write directly in the workbook?

Take the student pages out and use them?

Take the student pages out and copy them then store them? How?

Take the whole book apart, put pages in page protectors, separate into two binders?

Buy extra student pages?

Other? Please share in detail.

Please share what you have done and why it does or doesn't work well.

Thanks for your time.

Last year with WWE 1, I just photocopied the student pages. I didn't love the size of the lines though and this year we started using a composition notebook with appropriate line sizes. With WWE 3, I didn't want to keep passing the book back & forth with my dd so she could read the student selections, so I took it to Kinko's and had them remove the binding, split into teacher/student sections and rebind.

. I didn't want to keep passing the book back & forth with my dd so she could read the student selections, so I took it to Kinko's and had them remove the binding, split into teacher/student sections and rebind.

:iagree: This is exactly what I do. Then, if you have a 2nd child (or more) you could just buy a new set of student pages for them and already have the teacher section separate and nicely bound.

For WWE1 and 2, I photocopied the student pages which was a pain in the rear. WWE3 is a whole different monster due to it's large size and all of the passages being single-sided. So I had the binding cut off, the teacher pages bound, the passages spiral bound, and the student pages (lined pages) 3-whole punched. I wasn't sure if the passages come w/ the student pages you can buy separately from Peacehill Press and if I bound the passages w/ the lined student pages, I wouldn't have the passages available for my next DS. Plus, I like having the 3 smaller books. So I will put sticky tabs on the current week in the teacher's manual, the passage manual, and the student pages and the next week, just move the tabs forward.

I rip the student pages out and give them to my son. At the end of the year, I'll have it spiral bound for my next son. When he is ready for WWE, I'll either buy new student pages or get 1st grade paper and have him complete the lessons on that.

For WWE1 and 2 I tore the student pages out, left the teacher pages in and photocopied the student part. My copies are stored in a file folder until we need them.

I bought WWE3 as a digital file so I just copy as we go. I like that because I don't have the problem of having to pass the teacher's manual. I just hand ds the pages he is to read. I store the teacher's part and readings in a three ring binder right now. At the end of the year I may have them bound into separate books...

I cut the binding off and had the teacher pages bound together. I tossed the student pages. My dd is using a composition book with appropriately sized lines. I wish the student pages had the right sized lines b/c dd likes the pictures on the pages.

I write out the copywork on my whiteboard and have dd copy from there.

I had the binding cut off, spiral bound the teacher pages and 3 hole punched the student pages. I will likely just make my own student pages for the next kid, because I also find the lines too big. When I move my ds onto WWE2, I think I will make my own pages for any copywork, because by then he will be ready to write fully in cursive.

I don't think the workbooks are very functional unless you separate the teacher and student portions.