Menu

You know how you dream about a day all to yourself.

Ha- I do the same thing. Long for freedom but miss them when I get a break. Can you imagine being an empty nester? I don't even want to think about it!

No I can't imagine it and that thought rang through my mind this morning.

I've decided I'd better make a list of things to do so I don't waste all the time wondering how I should spend my free time. :001_smile:

My best laid plans usually end up as a nap.

Oh, that does sound glorious to me right now. - After a nice soak in the tub with a book. :) When I'm refreshed and rested, then off to tackle the rest of the day. Alas, I am on my own today with all the dc so I will just have to continue to dream. :001_huh:

That would be particularly welcome just now. In a little bit I'm going to go pick up a 10yo boy we're hosting for two days while his parents are out of town. He's a sweet boy but has some ADD issues and I don't really know him well enough to be comfortable doing this. Being alone instead...

I'd take myself out to lunch with a friend, and sew all afternoon, and maybe even go buy a new bra! You know, really live it up! :D

I am actually scheming in my mind how I could get the house to myself for a couple of days this summer to organize and plan, plan, plan. I want to go in our schoolroom with my computer, books, homemade coffee milkshake, and some good music and get my year sketched out. . .

I don't know if I will be able to make it happen though :)

Well I just dropped my kids off for a youth group ski trip. My dh is at work. I'm home alone all day today. On a Saturday of all things.

And I'm kind of sad. I miss them already and they've only been gone a few minutes. Weird hey?

I'm home alone today until around 2:00 or 3:00. I was going to be so productivbe! But here I am on the computer! :confused:

Well the day was productive after all. I spent the first couple hours drinking coffee, knitting, listening to RC Sproul on the internet (on the providence of God).

I baked two loaves of bread and some Italian red, green and white cookies (because I had one package of almond paste left from Christmas).

Then I talked with my sister and mom (long distance).

I went out for lunch with two friends.

Got a few groceries.

Went for a walk with the dogs.

Made a big pot of spaghetti sauce (2 freezer meals), assembled a lasagna for the freezer, rolled two meals of rouladen (German dish) and made red cabbage (also a German dish).

I expect everyone home in an hour.

I didn't get much reading done but maybe because I got all the above done I'll have time to read tonight. :001_smile: Overall good day even though I missed the troops.

...all the things I could do with my day off that I just can't make up my mind! So I waste so much time trying to decide that I wind up running out of time to actually do anything!

Also, I know it's just ONE day, and there are so many projects I'd like to start, but since I'd probably have to just set it aside after that day, I hesitate to start one.

My best laid plans usually end up as a nap.

LOL, no kidding.

Well the day was productive after all. I spent the first couple hours drinking coffee, knitting, listening to RC Sproul on the internet (on the providence of God).

I baked two loaves of bread and some Italian red, green and white cookies (because I had one package of almond paste left from Christmas).

Then I talked with my sister and mom (long distance).

I went out for lunch with two friends.

Got a few groceries.

Went for a walk with the dogs.

Made a big pot of spaghetti sauce (2 freezer meals), assembled a lasagna for the freezer, rolled two meals of rouladen (German dish) and made red cabbage (also a German dish).

I expect everyone home in an hour.

I didn't get much reading done but maybe because I got all the above done I'll have time to read tonight. :001_smile: Overall good day even though I missed the troops.

It's amazing how much time there is when no one is home. I always end the day feeling like Super Woman..

...all the things I could do with my day off that I just can't make up my mind! So I waste so much time trying to decide that I wind up running out of time to actually do anything!

Also, I know it's just ONE day, and there are so many projects I'd like to start, but since I'd probably have to just set it aside after that day, I hesitate to start one.

Typically, that's what happens to me too. I made a concerted effort to not let that happen on Saturday and I am reaping the rewards now (dinner ready to pull out of the freezer and pop into the oven. How great is that?)