Menu

Best way to hang paper posters, maps, etc?

We found something at the teacher's supply store that I like best. It is "Magic Removable Mounts." They are two-sided sticky small foam squares that seem to hold posters and maps up really well. Yet I've also been able to move things from one wall to another and remove the squares from the posters easily.

3M Command Adhesive Strips for Posters are the best thing I've found. They are easily removable by pulling down on a little tab, so they don't damage the wall or the poster. They have them at office supply stores.

That's good to know. I need to remember to purchase a package of 3M Command Adhesive Strips.

3M Command Adhesive Strips for Posters are the best thing I've found. They are easily removable by pulling down on a little tab, so they don't damage the wall or the poster. They have them at office supply stores.

:iagree:

I got so tired of spending hours trying to clean residue from Blu-tack and other putty-type adhesives from my walls. I LOVE these strips ~ they stick really well, but remove cleanly if you pull the little tabs. Great invention!

Jackie

What works the best for hanging this stuff nicely, without doing damage to the wall or poster? (Going in our dining room.) 3M Poster Strips, Spray mount? I have not been impressed with poster putty.

I just discovered this product a few weeks ago: Scotch Clear Mounting Squares

They come in different sizes and are clear in color.

They leave no residue on the walls -- I really do mean none. We have eggshell type paint and there is literally nothing there for me to wipe off when I take down a square. Every other sticky product I have tried left at least some small amount of residue. Not this.

They peel off the paper without damaging it. I am very careful when peeling, but they have never yet damaged my papers. I post copier type papers on our walls for schedules and checklists. I have not used posters or maps with these squares, but I can only say that I would be astounded if a thicker paper (like a poster) was damaged when copier paper was not. Gee, I hope that made sense.

They are REUSABLE !!!!! :hurray: I have a section of the wall where I post papers that change weekly. I leave the squares on the wall and just peel off last week's papers (carefully!) and press on this week's papers. No problem.

I used to use Stikki-Clips, which I thought were good (if ugly), but Scotch Clear Mounting Squares are superior to Stikki-Clips.

Karen

FTC Disclaimer: I learned of Scotch Clear Mounting Squares by accident, have used them in my home, and I am personally thrilled with them. Neither I nor any of my family members are affiliated in any way with 3M or any other company manufacturing office products. I receive no remuneration of any kind for my endorsement of Scotch Clear Mounting Squares.