Menu

Easter Sunday dessert...

Malt Ball ice cream dessert made with the malt ball Easter Eggs. This is what my brother and his wife are bringing.

My SIL asked us to bring dessert on Easter...and all we can think of is rabbit cakes with coconut icing. Anyone have any bright ideas?

We're Italian so our Easter desserts are usually Rice Pie, Ricotta Cheese Pie, Ricotta Cheese cookies, Easter egg bread. I used to make a great Strufoli, but it's difficult and takes a long time. I haven't made that in years. Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, I think I made Strufoli for Christmas.

My SIL asked us to bring dessert on Easter...and all we can think of is rabbit cakes with coconut icing. Anyone have any bright ideas?

I am SO going the easy route this year. We're making dump cake for dessert.

Dump into a 9x13 pan:

one can on pineapple

one can of cherry pie filling

Spread it around a bit to cover the bottom of the pan.

Sprinkle on top of this, the contents of a yellow box cake mix. (Yup, just tear it open and pour it on.)

Slice two sticks of butter over the top of that. (Don't touch it. Don't mix it. I kid you not.)

Bake at 350 for one hour.

Serve warmed w/ ice cream, for a real treat. Or eat it straight out of the pan w/ a fork and pretend you don't know what happened to it, when the kids come asking for another piece.

DH doesn't even like cake, but he loves this stuff. It's like a cobbler, but without any of the actual work. Oh. Dear. Me. Happy laziness!