Menu

3rd grade writing that is not WWE?

3babiesmommy

Well, we did go all the way through WWE 2. It was a challenge at times, but went fine and she learned a ton. She really can narrate fine. The struggled are that the selections seem much more difficult at this level, which intimidates her and she stresses out trying to answer the questions afterward. The dictation is a huge struggle, no matter how many times I repeat it for her. I know that I can adjust, hold her hand more, that sort of thing (and I may still do that). However, it is almost like there is too much angst built up in her mind toward the program to continue, KWIM? Hope that helps explain a bit:)

Thanks ladies!

What level in Imitation would you start with? I'm looking at samples at RR and it lists Aesop as for gr. 8 but a reviewer at christianbook.com says she used that level with an 8 yo. I'm confused...

Can any of you who use these, list them in your preferred order?

Thanks!

ETA: RR also states on one of the product pages that is is "for use with TWSS Unit III". It's a different publisher though. Are they really IEW compatible? That would be cool. How have I managed not to see these before? :001_huh: I must be living under a rock...

Edited by darlasowders

Do you have any links? is it a series of books? Will you be using any of the others?:)

I bought Aesop and Medieval Legends. I plan to do 20 of the 40 assignments in Aesop in 3rd grade and 20 in 4th and then go into Medieval Legends in 5th. Or maybe I will buy Fairy Tales for 5th and use ML in 6th, when it coincides with our history. But I bought Aesop and ML used, and they were being sold together for an excellent price. :)

Tara

What level in Imitation would you start with? I'm looking at samples at RR and it lists Aesop as for gr. 8 but a reviewer at christianbook.com says she used that level with an 8 yo. I'm confused...

Can any of you who use these, list them in your preferred order?

It is definitely appropriate for an 8yo although that would be on the low end of the publisher's recommended grade level.

And here's more info about the series from the author.

And fwiw, I love RR, but I've noticed that RR has on more than one occasion listed the wrong recommended age/grade for some of it's products.

Here is is the page that shows the Imitation in Writing books. You can click on each book to see a sample. Aesop is for 3rd grade and up.

Tara

I enjoyed the sample. Now a question: aside from the blurb at the top relating this all to the Bible, the rest of the pdf was without religious content. Is this true of most of the Aesop book?

Thanks so much.

It is definitely appropriate for an 8yo although that would be on the low end of the publisher's recommended grade level.

And here's more info about the series from the author.

And fwiw, I love RR, but I've noticed that RR has on more than one occasion listed the wrong recommended age/grade for some of it's products.

Thanks!

Yes, that's why I usually check elsewhere as well.