Menu

dh is on way home from er with dd

last night dd (age 14) had a 104 fever, could only bring in down 1 degree after med and tepid bath so dh took her in to the dr. today. They had left the office and dd collapsed so dr. had her taken to er. She was given iv, had chest xray and ekg. They are coming home, don't know what the diagnosia is but after a while, after she gets home, I have to tell her that a friend of her from youth group , his mom and 9 year old sister were killed in a horrible car accident. Also on Tues, a boy from her school was also killed in a car accident, she of course knows about that but I have to tell her about the latest accident (I know who dd's friend is but his family does not attend our church so I did not know his mother or sister, I believe dd had met them before). I have to clarify, dd's friend was not killed, but his mom and sister were. They were killed on the very same stretch that my teenage niece was killed on 9 years ago also in a car accident. I won't drive on this road myself as I hate the curve there, but I don't live that near it so I can easily find other roads, the people that live there of course probably have to use that road. Dd's friend is in 10th grade and it is just him and his dad left now. Such a tragedy.