Menu

Well, it's 01:30 and...

I have just finished reading The Hunger Games and I find myself hungry as you might have guessed. I saw the title in one of the book threads and I found myself wondering, "Why not?"

So, I find myself eating. Eating and wondering. Wondering how so many authors can get published. Without being able to write. A sentence. Yes, it's true, I've read a few books this holiday season. Books of the popular fiction sort. There seems to be this need. A need for emphasis. To make a point. It seems to be hard to make a point. With a complete sentence. Nowadays, anyways. I think darkly to myself.

:lol:

Sorry.

I have just finished reading The Hunger Games and I find myself hungry as you might have guessed. I saw the title in one of the book threads and I found myself wondering, "Why not?"

So, I find myself eating. Eating and wondering. Wondering how so many authors can get published. Without being able to write. A sentence. Yes, it's true, I've read a few books this holiday season. Books of the popular fiction sort. There seems to be this need. A need for emphasis. To make a point. It seems to be hard to make a point. With a complete sentence. Nowadays, anyways. I think darkly to myself.

:lol:

'Tis true! Its because so many people never learned to speak correctly (not necessarily that they weren't taught, just that they never learned it). Adults just add a period where the verbal "um..." and "uh..." should be. And since this has become the norm, its hard to find an editor who knows how to actually edit. Or perhaps its fear of offending the author's authentic, individual, very unique and personal style?

I also read another popular fiction book recently. It was one of those kind of books where plot inconsistencies reign and adverbs go to die. It had mentioned something about the depthless quality of brown eyes. I wonder if that's what my father had meant once upon a time when he said that he knew I was full of carp because my eyes were brown. I had been known to tell a fib or two in my younger years.

My mom had some sort of lie detecting power by just looking you in the eye. It must be a parent power:glare:.

I also read another popular fiction book recently. It was one of those kind of books where plot inconsistencies reign and adverbs go to die. It had mentioned something about the depthless quality of brown eyes. I wonder if that's what my father had meant once upon a time when he said that he knew I was full of carp because my eyes were brown. I had been known to tell a fib or two in my younger years.

• 7 months later...