Menu

One of my dds is having digestive issues the week before her cycle begins.

MJN

I had this issue up until recently and I've discovered that taking vitamin D has helped a lot but then when I added a good multi-vitamin I noticed even more improvement. I can't believe it has taken me this long to figure it all out but I do feel a lot better.

Some of the digestive issues have gotten better for me since I started reducing wheat from my diet. Apparently I have always had issues with wheat and during the week before my cycle my issues would get worse. So, by reducing wheat significantly I have found that the PMS time is a lot easier to deal with. I look at it as if the PMS time was just a worsened form of an existing problem.

That's my experience. I hope you figure it out.

I had this issue up until recently and I've discovered that taking vitamin D has helped a lot but then when I added a good multi-vitamin I noticed even more improvement. I can't believe it has taken me this long to figure it all out but I do feel a lot better.

Some of the digestive issues have gotten better for me since I started reducing wheat from my diet. Apparently I have always had issues with wheat and during the week before my cycle my issues would get worse. So, by reducing wheat significantly I have found that the PMS time is a lot easier to deal with. I look at it as if the PMS time was just a worsened form of an existing problem.

That's my experience. I hope you figure it out.

I have to agree about the wheat (apparently it is very inflammatory). I was having not only tummy issues but stronger allergic reactions (sneezing and itchy, swollen eyes) right at the beginning of my cycle. When I eliminated wheat, it helped a lot. I can tolerate it more during the rest of my cycle. Maybe she could experiment cutting out wheat just during that time to see if it helps.

I think it is normal....I've heard quite a few women mention that it happens to them. It never used to happen to me until the last few months. My tummy will tear up on the day that my cycle starts. Wonder why it just began happening?

Mine got worse since August. Don't know why, either.

The bloating is due to two things: water retention and swelling of the uterus from its lining. You start to retain water like one week before your cycle starts because your body needs that water to help clean out the uterus. This is why if you skip out on drinking water you can get cramps and if you use one of those pills that's supposed to relive water retension you can get even worse cramps. I don't understand where the nausea is coming from though.

I would say its common, but not normal. As in, its a sign that her body is out of balance anyway, and PMS just brings it to the surface. My dd15 has various symptoms as well- although she has always had digestive issues and they are usually related to sugar for her. She is learning to take care of her body better, as she can't get away with much. She eats chocolate, she gets pimples. She eats sugar, she gets stomach cramps. She doesnt exercise, her whole wellbeing drops. She cant veer too far off a reasonably healthy diet or she will get some sort of symptom, and its always worse at PMS time.