Menu

I'm either pg or in early menopause, sensitive

Sometimes I really hate my body! I've been married 16 yrs (tomorrow!) and have been through both infertility treatments and adoption. Both of my kids were adopted as infants. I had one miscarriage, my only pregnancy about 8 years ago, but other than that never missed AF. I haven't had AF since the end of Oct. but have had 2 neg. pg tests.

I've been working out/losing weight (25lbs. so far) the last 3 months and having horrible hot flashes day and night. Thought maybe the flashes were related to my working out??? Went to the Dr. to see if he can make any sense of it and maybe do some blood tests.

He thinks I'm in early menopause! :confused: I'm only 38! It seriously never occured to me that it was menopause. I went in today to have blood drawn to do a bunch of tests to see if I'm pg or in menopause, or something else. I don't even know what the something else might be, but I can't imagine it's good.

On one hand, I'm excited about the idea of leaving AF behind, but on the other hand it depresses me. The super super slim hope I had of ever getting pg has long since left me, but maybe somewhere buried deep inside was a kernel of hope. But if I'm in menopause, that hope will finally be put to rest. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I'm leaning toward sorrow.

I have to wait until Mon. or Tues. to get all the results so I'll be wondering until then. Anyone care to hold my hand while I wait?

Sometimes I really hate my body! I've been married 16 yrs (tomorrow!) and have been through both infertility treatments and adoption. Both of my kids were adopted as infants. I had one miscarriage, my only pregnancy about 8 years ago, but other than that never missed AF. I haven't had AF since the end of Oct. but have had 2 neg. pg tests.

I've been working out/losing weight (25lbs. so far) the last 3 months and having horrible hot flashes day and night. Thought maybe the flashes were related to my working out??? Went to the Dr. to see if he can make any sense of it and maybe do some blood tests.

He thinks I'm in early menopause! :confused: I'm only 38! It seriously never occured to me that it was menopause. I went in today to have blood drawn to do a bunch of tests to see if I'm pg or in menopause, or something else. I don't even know what the something else might be, but I can't imagine it's good.

On one hand, I'm excited about the idea of leaving AF behind, but on the other hand it depresses me. The super super slim hope I had of ever getting pg has long since left me, but maybe somewhere buried deep inside was a kernel of hope. But if I'm in menopause, that hope will finally be put to rest. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I'm leaning toward sorrow.

I have to wait until Mon. or Tues. to get all the results so I'll be wondering until then. Anyone care to hold my hand while I wait?

:grouphug: holding your hand.

:grouphug:

Hang in there. When I was 43, I started getting hot flashes and missed a period. My doctor gave me blood tests to see if I was starting menopause. My "menopause" will be eleven in March.

I'm hoping that you will feel better soon and that all this will be sorted out.

Health problems are a bummer.

I had a girlfriend who recently had her thyroid removed and picked up this book from the new books at the library since it had a good overview of how the thyroid works. Its subject may be relevant for your situation.

Just an idea, I have absolutely no medical knowledge, just a voracious browsing habit.

HTH

~Moira

Hope that you are feeling better soon, regardless of the outcome.

We also went through years of fertility treatments and surgery. Our IVF success is 6.

I too held on to a slim hope of getting pg, even after 11 miscarriages. That ended with my 3rd ectpoic 1 1/2 years ago when my one remaining tube burst and was removed.

I can honestly say that not wondering or worrying every month has been a relief.

Hang in there.

I'll be here for hand holding and hugs. I went through surgical menopause when I was 17 because of cancer so I understand about those hot flashes. Whew. Glad those are done.

Hope that you are feeling better soon, regardless of the outcome.

We also went through years of fertility treatments and surgery. Our IVF success is 6.

I too held on to a slim hope of getting pg, even after 11 miscarriages. That ended with my 3rd ectpoic 1 1/2 years ago when my one remaining tube burst and was removed.

I can honestly say that not wondering or worrying every month has been a relief.

Hang in there.

We are just starting our IVF process so I love hearing success stories. It makes me so hopeful!

Not hopeful on the baby front from here (sorry), but I started peri-menopause in my mid thirties. Horrid hot flashes. My labs kept being "normal", and my sisters (all older) kept having babies, so the docs kept telling me I was imagining it.

Well, I'm 42 and just had a hysterectomy that left my ovaries. The doc came back and said "did you know you're in menopause?" Um... yeah.

Each one of us is different.

I had lots of girly problems and call my son our miracle baby. Perhaps it's just that way for some of us.

Hang in there.

a

I think you should consider looking into getting your hormones tested by a natural Dr and supplementing with progesterone.

Dr Lee has an excellent book "What the Dr willl not tell you about menopause or premenopause".

After using a natural biodentical Progesterone cream for a year, I am now 7 months pregnant, after a 8 yr wait with one miscarriage.

Please look up Dr Lee and progestrone, his site will come right up in the search. If you are headed for menopause and there is no reversing it, my mom found great relief using some natural creams going through it.

Good Luck and God's blessing.

I also recommend looking into the progesterone cream. At around 40 I also started experiencing horrible symptoms. The progesterone cream has made a huge difference. My hot flashes are almost gone as well as other symptoms I was experiencing.