Menu

what would you do?

what would you do if you met a homeschooler from another town, she comes for a visit, and asked if she can borrow some books. I say sure, she then empties a whole shelf of books:glare:, all of my ancient fiction reading books and takes them. I was rendered speechless, and actually just let her take them.

I am now in a mad panic about if I will ever see my books again.

I would email her & tell her - in a friendly way - that you'll need the books back on a certain date: 2 weeks, whatever... , and that you want to arrange now the date she'll return them.

You can politely blame yourself, like this: 'I've been forgetful about things & now I really need to keep track of my school resources & I'll be planning my next term by that date..."

Just be polite & proactive about when you want the books back.

Guest Alte Veste Academy
I would email her & tell her - in a friendly way - that you'll need the books back on a certain date: 2 weeks, whatever... , and that you want to arrange now the date she'll return them.

You can politely blame yourself, like this: 'I've been forgetful about things & now I really need to keep track of my school resources & I'll be planning my next term by that date..."

:iagree:

And also, get yourself a paper bag and breathe in and out deeply. I would freak out to be separated from that many of my books! Even ones I wasn't currently using! :lol:

And while you are being polite and proactive, get her address (directions) and a firm time on the day you want to pick them up - just like an appointment. Then call the day before and remind her that you are coming for your books.