Menu

fudge is a disaster - again - need foolproof recipe!

I do! I do! I do!

Got this one from Allrecipes.com. It's far and away the BEST chocolate marshmellow fudge we've ever had. And you boil the stuff for 6 minutes, not to a certain temperature, so all you have to do is watch the clock. Very easy and very yummy. ANd it freezes well too.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/German-Chocolate-Fudge/Detail.aspx

And yes --- that is 12oz (3 bars) of German Chocolate. It's not a misprint.

3 cups semisweet chocolate chips

1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk

dash salt

1 cup chopped walnuts

1 1/2 tsp vanilla

In heavy saucepan over low heat, melt chips with sweetened condensed milk and salt. Remove from heat; stir in walnuts and vanilla. Spread evenly into aluminum foil lined 8 or 9 inch square pan. Chill 2 hours or until firm. Turn fudge onto cutting board; peel off foil and cut into squares. Store loosely covered at room temperature.

So, soo, sooooo easy! You will need to stir the chocolate/milk mixture really well or you will get streaks. But even with streaks it tastes delicious!

3 cups semisweet chocolate chips

1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk

dash salt

1 cup chopped walnuts

1 1/2 tsp vanilla

In heavy saucepan over low heat, melt chips with sweetened condensed milk and salt. Remove from heat; stir in walnuts and vanilla. Spread evenly into aluminum foil lined 8 or 9 inch square pan. Chill 2 hours or until firm. Turn fudge onto cutting board; peel off foil and cut into squares. Store loosely covered at room temperature.

So, soo, sooooo easy! You will need to stir the chocolate/milk mixture really well or you will get streaks. But even with streaks it tastes delicious!

This is the one I use. Put everything in together and stir until your arms fall off lol. The key is medium heat, nothing too high or it will burn nothing too low or the marshmallows won't melt.

2 1/2 cups chips

14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk

melt together in a pan

pour into a buttered 8x8 pan with parchment in the bottom

and add anything else you want. Not "real" fudge but it works every time and tastes yummy.

We add nuts and marshmallows to make rocky road, orange peel (our favorite), make it with peanut butter chips or butterscotch chips, make two different kinds and swirl them together, use chocolate and peppermint extract or sprinkly crushed candy canes - whatever flavor you can imagine.

It starts to set up quickly so add fast.

Easiest fudge I've ever made:

1 lb white chocolate tabs

1 sm jar smooth peanut butter (approx 7-8 oz size)(we like Skippy)

Melt chocolate in double boiler, stir in peanut butter.

Pour in foil lined pan (smaller for thicker fudge, larger for thinner...).

Pop in fridge to let cool and set.

Cut and enjoy!!