Menu

Successful Black Friday shopping trips anyone?

3 of my 4 kids were up and out shopping at 5am for me! Two of them headed to one JoAnn ( because DD is here from MN and didn't know the way, youngest son drove her), other DD drove to a 2nd JOAnn fabric.

lst group got to their location at 5:45, but the store was already open early and the Cricuts were gone! 2nd DD got a phone call from the lst group that it was all up to her. She was 10th in line and managed to score 2 Cricuts! 2nd one is for future Daughter in Law's mother.

Yes, I opened it already as DD#1 is heading back to MN tomrrow and we will not be with them for Christmas so we had an early Christmas with them.

Anyone else have a successful story?

I had a pretty good shopping day yesterday. I went out with my mom, and 14 yr olds DD and DS. I got a lot of what I wanted to get. Mostly I got clothes (jeans for kids/Dh, Pj's for everyone). Got Dh's gifts... a very nice robe, a few long sleeve polos, and his traditional slippers from JC Penney and paid only 25% of the original prices. I was able to get one of Dd's gifts (MP3 player). Got youngest his gifts (scooter, gameboy and games from Gamestop).

Still have a lot to get!!!!!!!!!!

Old Navy jeans. $10 for kids, $15 for adults. All tees $5. (I buy tees to match with flannel pajama pants I sew for all my kids, nieces and nephews. This year I'm planning to butcher paper stencil the shirts.)

Jo-Annes: Flannel for $1.49/yd. Patons classic wool yarn 2/$8, which isn't fabulous, but I needed a good bit of it. Some of the flannel was normally 5.99/yd, and I needed ten yards of one fabric. I saved something like 66% on that trip.

And...I have been racking my brains, because the one thing dd wants this year is a digital camera. The one we were trying for was a basic Kodak digital 12 mpx model. It was $100 on sale (normally $169) at Best Buy, and they ran out. Target was out. I stopped at WalMart on the way home in desperation (I don't normally shop there.) They had a very similar camera (still Kodak, less bells and whistles but still 12 mpx) for...$69!!! They were hiding them behind the counter. I only knew about it because another shopper overheard me talking to my sister and said something.

Very successful here! I was at Sears when they opened and got dd (8) the digital camera she wanted. Went straight to Staples and stood for 1 1/2 hours but I got the laptop and free 3in1 printer for ds (13) that he really needs for school. They only had 5 and I was #4! Also was able to get dd (5) the DS lite from Walmart for $98! So, each of their big gifts are bought. I also got a bunch of other things. Mainly I only have the stockings left. And can I say that going out at 3am in Florida is soooo much better than when I used to go out in MI!

Melissa

I finally got a GPS for my car (I was not spending a couple hundred bucks on it) at Academy for $70, some camo gear for FIL for 1/2 off while I was there. Sams had some candy gifts for less than $12, so I finished up my xmas shopping. Gymboree had some AWESOME deals between the 30% off and my coupon of 20% and I got gymbucks, yay me!

Next week Amazon will have their awesome deals, so I will be stocking up for bdays!

I sent my older kids out early..to shop for me. One picked up a Belgian waffle iron (oster, I think) at Kohls for 19.99 that has a 10.00 rebate. Then my dd picked up a rolling sewing machine tote at JoAnn for me. Regularly $89.99; on sale for $29.99. I got stuff at Penny's. Picked up a coat that was $200--I pd $40. Picked up several other things...I had an extra 15% off coupon so the deals were extra good! Clark's shoes for $30, shirts for my dh for $8 and $22 slippers for $7.50. It was a good day!

I got off work at 7 AM, and made the mistake of looking at the sale ad. I hadn't planned on buying anything, but when I saw that they had multisport helmets and basketballs for $5 each, I went back to sporting goods. The helmets were gone, but I picked up a scooter, too, for $15. The basketball is pink, which DD will like, as is the scooter. On a hunch, I trolled the front end for a while, and found where someone had abandoned one of the on-sale helmets next to the self-checks (there was a LOT of abandoned merchandise in that craziness!).

Management had their ducks in a row, and there was no waiting at the register, so it was relatively painless from that point on.

This was the first time I have done any Black Friday shopping. I went to Michael's and was able to use the 25% off before noon coupon buying paper and other supplies for making Christmas cards. And on Amazon I got an Altec Lansing iPhone/iPod speaker dock that already arrived this morning.

Yep, I absolutely LOVE Black Friday! I woke up at 3 AM, out the door by 3:30 to pick up my mom and sister, and we pulled into WalMart at 3:45. We ran in there real quick, but the tickets for the $200 laptop were already gone (my mom wanted this). We didn't want anything else there so we headed across the street to Target. I got everything I wanted there: the $40 little flip video camera for my youngest sister, the Hello Kitty gumball machine for my little cousins, and two Target gift cards for my cousins. My mom scored one of the $15 Leapster game for my DD and got the $30 George Foreman grill for me and DH (she told me not to look under her jacket....I told her I wasn't stupid LOL since I put it on my list and I knew it was a Target).

K-Mart was next where I found my DD the Diego shoes for $9 that I was looking for. And I also got the rope lights we needed for camping for only $7 each. I also picked up a lighted Rudolph for half price to put in our house (my girls adore it!).

Then we headed to Game Stop, where my mom scored a pre-owned Nintendo DS for $59 for my sister's boyfriend. And I got him a gift card for Game Stop. Movie Stop was a success where I found my girls some movies for cheap.

Then we hit the mall. I got the girls some clothes at JC Penny for really cheap. I picked up some towels too. And I found DH some nice shirts for Christmas. My sister's boyfriend found some Crocs for half price at Dicks. Then I ran in Aeropostale for a gift card for one of my other cousins. At Books A Million I found a stocking gift for youngest DD, some wooden magnetic animals. And I found a good deal on two protective covers for the iTouch's that my girls are getting for Christmas. Buy one get one half off.

At Michael's I grabbed some of the art sets for $2.74 and some notebooks for all of the little cousins on DH's side of the family. I also grabbed a $5 scrapbook for my mom. JoAnne had some great craft kits on sale that I snagged for a few more cousins and a few for my DD's.

Whew!! We were gone from 3:30 AM till about 2:30 PM. It was fun!!

Yep, I absolutely LOVE Black Friday! I woke up at 3 AM, out the door by 3:30 to pick up my mom and sister, and we pulled into WalMart at 3:45. We ran in there real quick, but the tickets for the $200 laptop were already gone (my mom wanted this). We didn't want anything else there so we headed across the street to Target. I got everything I wanted there: the $40 little flip video camera for my youngest sister, the Hello Kitty gumball machine for my little cousins, and two Target gift cards for my cousins. My mom scored one of the $15 Leapster game for my DD and got the $30 George Foreman grill for me and DH (she told me not to look under her jacket....I told her I wasn't stupid LOL since I put it on my list and I knew it was a Target).

K-Mart was next where I found my DD the Diego shoes for $9 that I was looking for. And I also got the rope lights we needed for camping for only $7 each. I also picked up a lighted Rudolph for half price to put in our house (my girls adore it!).

Then we headed to Game Stop, where my mom scored a pre-owned Nintendo DS for $59 for my sister's boyfriend. And I got him a gift card for Game Stop. Movie Stop was a success where I found my girls some movies for cheap.

Then we hit the mall. I got the girls some clothes at JC Penny for really cheap. I picked up some towels too. And I found DH some nice shirts for Christmas. My sister's boyfriend found some Crocs for half price at Dicks. Then I ran in Aeropostale for a gift card for one of my other cousins. At Books A Million I found a stocking gift for youngest DD, some wooden magnetic animals. And I found a good deal on two protective covers for the iTouch's that my girls are getting for Christmas. Buy one get one half off.

At Michael's I grabbed some of the art sets for $2.74 and some notebooks for all of the little cousins on DH's side of the family. I also grabbed a $5 scrapbook for my mom. JoAnne had some great craft kits on sale that I snagged for a few more cousins and a few for my DD's.

Whew!! We were gone from 3:30 AM till about 2:30 PM. It was fun!!

Wow, you got a lot of shopping done! :D I'm still trying to wrap my head around your 2.5 yo getting an iTouch. Seriously? Or do you have children not mentioned in your siggy? :confused:

Toys R Us... train table with free wooden train set, half off tool workbench, half off Mr. Potato Head, half off live butterfly view thing-y

Kohls... new sheets (that we desperately needed) for $39 that were regularly $130. Hoodie towels for the kids that were $8 (regularly $30)

It was my first Black Friday experience! I waited for an hour outside of Toys R Us to get in and then waited THREE hours in the check out line. Got to be best friends with the people waiting in line in front of me. It was a fun experience.

I went to Michaels and got a Cricut for $68!!!!

I went to Sears and ordered my son a winter coat for 40% off with free shipping.

I got a printer from Amazon.com for 50% off.

Yesterday I was in NYC at Macys and got a whole bunch of LeSport Sac stuff (some for me, some for gifts) for 25% off plus I had a coupon for another 15% off.

I really was not planning on doing any shopping!

I got a Guitar Hero World Tour bundle (includes guitar & game) for $59! I got the last one. Found the deal online at Gamestop, went to store & they did not know about reduced price. Apparently corporate runs deals advertised online and stores don't always know. Saved $50!

We have the flu, so my BFF got a trampoline at Walmart for my girls for $170!!

My FIL gave me money to buy my girls a camera for Christmas from him. I found a Discovery Kids camera at Kohls.com for $24.99 for my youngest and a digital camera for $49.99 with a free memory card at Best Buy for my oldest (50% off)! Now I just have to find one for my middle dd!

Wow, you got a lot of shopping done! :D I'm still trying to wrap my head around your 2.5 yo getting an iTouch. Seriously? Or do you have children not mentioned in your siggy? :confused:

My 5 year old is getting an iTouch, and I knew that my 2.5 year old would want one too if she saw big sissy with one. They are best friends and want everything the other has. She is quite mature for 2.5 and thinks she is really 5 years old. :D I thought about having them share one, but it is really hard for two people to watch that little screen. We do a lot of waiting on my 5 year old.....speech therapy, soccer practice, dance class, and we'll probably be adding therapy for her possible OCD sometime soon.....she will love to be able to watch Diego, play some learning games, and look through our family photos and home videos that I'm putting on there. I'm not purchasing a lot of actual toys this year (because they just do not get played with a lot....only certain ones do) so I'm buying only things that will be used a lot.

Neither of them will have full reign of their iTouch....I will keep it and monitor it. We limit screen time around here so this will be part of that limit.

I had a great time at Kohl's. I got there at noon. Around 12:30 they announced that they were extending the 60% off sale from 1 pm to 3 pm. I got lots of nice things, including a few for myself, and BEAUCOUP Kohl's cash. I have never been Christmas shopping in November, EVER. This was a good experience.