Menu

Those who are not celebrating American Thanksgiving

What are you doing?

Ds12 had to work on a history report.

Dd7 made a birdhouse with dh for science. (Hint - he listens to her nagging much more graciously than if I do it!;) )

We're going over to Needleroozer's house to share some Indian food.

(I'm cheating a bit by starting this thread because we celebrated - last Saturday.)

What a delight. I've cooked Indian T-givings before. Today, we are in the middle of a kitchen remodel.

Hubby is under the skin trying to hook up the pipes. Kiddo has done quite a bit of school and is eating lunch while listening to a Cricket in Times Square. I am cleaning out the new cabinets and filling them, slowly, wishing I could wiggle my nose and just MOVE now, instead of the hunt and the selling and then the move. Meanwhile, a break to munch some steamed broc with some pepper jack cheese melted on them, and to see if I can find shelf liner I like.

With 4 fat days off, we have a lot of schoolwork to cover!

We're in Canada, so it's not Thanksgiving here - that being said, we aren't big Thanksgiving'ers in any case!

We're visiting with my grandparents, the kids are watching Dora (gasp!) and I'm trying to catch up on some blogging. Eldest DD (6) went grocery shopping with Grandpa earlier, read a story in her reader to Grandma, napped baby, done some laundry, reading The Heretic's Daughter - lazy day :).

What are you doing?

Ds12 had to work on a history report.

Dd7 made a birdhouse with dh for science. (Hint - he listens to her nagging much more graciously than if I do it!;) )

We're going over to Needleroozer's house to share some Indian food.

(I'm cheating a bit by starting this thread because we celebrated - last Saturday.)

Ds9 spent the night with a friend. I woke up by 7:30 and I've cleaned my oven, several more windows and cleaned out another closet. I'm nervous as a cat waiting for the counter offer my soon to be Xhusband says he submitted to his lawyer. He won't tell me what it says though. If we don't settle, court is Monday. :glare:

Well, we are in Australia so no Thanksgiving here.

We are going to buy a couple more chooks, do the grocery shopping, hit the library for 40 new books, visit City Farmers for chook supplies and a few things for a puppy we are expecting before Christmas. Also hoping that the breeder will call about the pup so that we can organise her flight to Perth, she is coming from interstate.

So, no school today because we are super BUSY!!