Menu

Curly girls/no-poo/DevaCurl/etc.

Hey!

So I heard about the book Curly Girl on these boards. Bought it. Read it. Started doing it. I haven't used shampoo for more than a week. My hair is getting better and better. Thank you for showing me the light!

I have loose corkscrew curls. You can see the "before" look by watching the video at www.analyticalgrammar.com. (This is NOT a sales pitch, it's just the only place that I have to show you what my hair looked like before.)

Anyway, I had my hair cut today by a local stylist who was trained by Lorraine Massey of Curly Girl. It took TWO HOURS! He no-pooed it, moisturized it, dried it with the diffuser, and then cut it ... CURL BY CURL.

I've attached a pic of what it looks like now. I'm SHOCKED. This is the best my hair has ever looked! What do you think? Any other curly girls out there who've had the Deva cut?

post-1758-13535083169017_thumb.jpg

post-1758-13535083169017_thumb.jpg

Edited by ekarl2

Very pretty! DD's curls look almost like yours and she follows Curly Girl religiously. How did you find a stylist trained by Massey?

My poor daughter is stuck with mom (me) cutting her hair curl by curl. It takes me forever but comes out pretty good. I'm sure it would look fantastic if I could find a professional. Everytime I go to the Salon someone wants to cut her hair, and I ask how they do it, and of course, they want to wet it, pull it straight and cut. I smile and say "no thanks". I am thankful to have found out about Curly Girl on this website a couple of years ago.

Don't you just love a good hair day?

I had to chuckle as I just had my hair permed as a birthday present yesterday, I was there for 2.5 hours, and it looks like your new style. I also color my hair at home, so I use the Neutrogenia Triple Moisture Conditioner (found at Target), then Loreal Vive Glossy Curl Sray (found at Wegmans), clip the sides with a curl clip until it air dries some, but NEVER dry my hair, not even with a diffuser.

I don't even OWN a blow dryer! LOL The Curly Girl people prefer air-drying, but in the interest of time, they developed their own type of diffuser to use if neccesary. He cut my hair dry, so he had to get it that way first.

Looks Great! I would love curls like that, I have a very odd wave. If I don't blow dry then it looks like I have a really old grown out perm.

I've been contemplating getting a perm but I'm not sure they would do it the way I want. I want spiral curls not the typical wavy perm.

Well, they do spiral perms still, don't they? C'mon, join the curly girl club!

(BTW, love your choice of grammar program!:lol::lol::lol:)

Hey!

So I heard about the book Curly Girl on these boards. Bought it. Read it. Started doing it. I haven't used shampoo for more than a week. My hair is getting better and better. Thank you for showing me the light!

I have loose corkscrew curls. You can see the "before" look by watching the video at www.analyticalgrammar.com. (This is NOT a sales pitch, it's just the only place that I have to show you what my hair looked like before.)

Anyway, I had my hair cut today by a local stylist who was trained by Lorraine Massey of Curly Girl. It took TWO HOURS! He no-pooed it, moisturized it, dried it with the diffuser, and then cut it ... CURL BY CURL.

I've attached a pic of what it looks like now. I'm SHOCKED. This is the best my hair has ever looked! What do you think? Any other curly girls out there who've had the Deva cut?

I am so, so jealous, perfect curls. I have tried and tried to get my curls to look like that to no avail. Has your hair always curled like that or just when you started no-poo, curly girl?

Edited by lynn

Want. I want your hair.

Rejoice, for lo, the blessings of awesome hair have fallen upon you.

BLUSH!!:blush:

Thanks!

Lynn, it changed over the years, but in adulthood it's always been this curly. Just add a bunch of frizz to it, make it duller, and make the curls a little more limp, and you have my pre-Curly Girl look!

Seriously, the no-poo thing really works; I'm so excited!