Menu

Help me buy a wii (no clue)

I dislike shopping and avoid stores, so I'm clueless. Some of the kid's friends have them and it sounds like it would be a great exercising tool for me too, but I've never seen one. What parts do I need? I take it there is some kind of console? Who sells them, Walmart? Best Buy? I know, I'm so behind the times.

Ds has downloaded some classic games on it and I've been able to play the original Mario again (the only video game I've ever liked other than PacMan).

It comes with what you NEED, but you will definitely, as others have mentioned, want to add a second remote and possibly nunchuk. My son loves the Mario and Wario games (and he's 14), Zelda games, the Wii sports games and several others that are probably a little more graphic than you'd want.

I just love Nintendo for the variety and quantity of actual family-type games and kid games. You can't go wrong with this purchase IMO.

I bought one after obsessing about wanting one, played it incessantly for 6 months (or as obsessively and incessantly as one can with a three-year-old around who was not exposed to any screens in our house whatsoever until she was four), let it gather dust for about three months, and then sold it on eBay right before Christmas last year. THAT was a good move, if I do say so myself! But, I second the classic games comment from StaceyinLA. They were great - all the old Mario stuff from when I was a kid. Just buy what comes in the box and then add anything else like extra remotes and nunchucks if you need them...you may never need them! I also did the Game Spot rental thing - like Netflix for games - and was able to rent great games that I wouldn't have bought but enjoyed playing. If I really liked the games I rented, I bought them used from Game Spot at a good discount.

Ooo, talking about video games makes me want to play one now...my daughter even realizes how insane I get with them for a brief period, then it passes. She said a few weeks ago, "Mommy, whenever you play video games, you get incest." "No, sweetie," I said, "you mean 'obsessed,' but you're right, I do."

Ds has downloaded some classic games on it and I've been able to play the original Mario again (the only video game I've ever liked other than PacMan).

Thanks for sharing that... my ds wants the original Mario that I used to play, but wasn't sure how to get it. I actually started looking for the old Nintendo NES b/c I thought that was the only place to get it, but haven't purchased one yet. Where do you download it from? How much is it?

My daughter, who monitors couponing blogs and such, said there is a rumor on the internet that WalMart will be selling them this weekend for the normal price of 199.00, but will include a 100.00 gift card to Walmart in the purchase. If we hadn't just bought one, I would be chekcing it out!

My daughter, who monitors couponing blogs and such, said there is a rumor on the internet that WalMart will be selling them this weekend for the normal price of 199.00, but will include a 100.00 gift card to Walmart in the purchase. If we hadn't just bought one, I would be chekcing it out!

Is that in stores or online?

Thanks for sharing that... my ds wants the original Mario that I used to play, but wasn't sure how to get it. I actually started looking for the old Nintendo NES b/c I thought that was the only place to get it, but haven't purchased one yet. Where do you download it from? How much is it?

I am interested as well as to how to download the original Mario. I have very fond memories of playing this with my brothers on their Nintendo. Please let me know where/how to do this. Thanks!

Animal Crossing City Folk is fun for the family.

The New Super Mario Bros. for the Wii is expected to be a very FUN game for 2-4 players. That one is a new release. Make sure the kids wrap the wristbands on their wrist as it can come loose (i.e. bowling) and hit the TV. The Wii is very fun! Use it as a weekend incentive for good work with HSing. And use a timer with the kids so they don't fight over it.

Wouldn't surprise me... WalMart is also selling (online) the new Wii releases with a $10 gift card. Check out the website for if this is the case?

I am interested as well as to how to download the original Mario. I have very fond memories of playing this with my brothers on their Nintendo. Please let me know where/how to do this. Thanks!

If you go to the Wii Shop Channel, there is a Virtual Console to purchase the old classic games from the N64. It costs $$ ("Wii Points") that you can buy over the internet/Wii or at stores like WalMart sell the Wii Point card. A 1,000 Wii Point card costs $10.