Menu

Do your young children take Oscillococcinum....and how?

I just recently bought some Oscillo to keep on hand for flu-like illnesses. DD started running a fever (she's 5) so I tried to give her some. She about freaked! As soon as some got onto her tongue, she started gagging and gagging. I thought she was going to throw up! Finally she spit them back out. :glare: So much for trying out the Oscillo.

Do your kids take them without problems? My other DD is 2 and I have not tried them with her yet, but I'm not expecting good results when I need to use it LOL.

If this is the adult packaging version, try giving them half the vial instead of the whole thing. You could also give them just a little bit at a time. Before you give it to them, tell them that it is sweet like candy. It is sweet, but when you don't feel very well, I mouth full of stuff can be uncomfortable.

I gave some to my 3yo the other day and she chewed it up quickly. I wanted her to let it sit in her mouth a bit but she gobbled it up.

I hope it works better for you the next time you try it!

If this is the adult packaging version, try giving them half the vial instead of the whole thing.

The amount of "active ingredients" is exactly the same in the adults' and kids' versions, though, isn't it? I remember reading the boxes at the health food store and being surprised that the only difference between the two products was that one box said it was for children. ;)

Cat

When I spoke to someone at the local health food store about this, they said that you can dissolve the balls in a tsp. of water and give to the child that way. I've also seen these directions for giving them to children written on the side of a different kind of homeopathic (not Osccill., but little balls as well) so it would seem that I was given good advice. :)

Since the adult dose is diluted to the point where there is no trace of the duck hearts or liver upon which it is based, and contains only the "vibrations" supposedly imprinted by these cells, why in the world would there be an adult dose vs a childrens dose?

This promotion of this stuff is pure quackery, it has no basis in "science" and it simply does not work better than placebo.

Spend your money as you choose, but Oscillococcinum is a "rip-off,"

Bill

Edited by Spy Car