Menu

What's the best laundry detergent that's also available at Walmart?

So I obvioulsy don't make my own detergent and, yes, I shop at Walmart - not that I enjoy it, but alas I do. I have a new front loader and need HE detergent. I noticed that "ALL" detergent is so much cheaper than many others. I want my clothes to get clean and smelling good would be a nice bonus. Any recommendations?

I don't know if it's cheaper but I love the Purex 3 in 1 sheets. Each sheet has laundry soap, fab softner and static sheet in one. It makes it easier when ds12 is doing his laundry. You put it in the washer then transfer the sheet to the dryer and that's it. I stock up when they are on sale and with coupons. Does Walmart take coupons?

The clothes always smell good and are never static-e. I buy them at our grocery store when they are 2 for $10 and then 2 $1 coupons. Is $8 cheap for 48 loads that include soap,fab softner and static sheets? If not, it's worth it to me.

I have had a front loader for almost three years and have used ALL (liquid) for most of that time and am very happy with how it cleans and smells. I used Purex for a while, but can't find it with the HE symbol on it anymore. I buy ALL with coupons and sometimes Publix has a great sale on it, AND I'll have a coupon, so I'll stock up.

I can't say for sure what the Wal-Marts have as I don't go to ours unless I have a TON of stuff I need and I know it will be much cheaper there---- it's horribly busy, full of RUDE people (shoppers AND employees!), they are usually out of half of what I need, and there are never more than three or four check-outs open at a time (including the horrid self-check things). Plus, Wal-Mart is just so LOUD that it drives me nuts to be there. Since our Target's prices are usually very close to the Wal-Mart (and sometimes less!) it's hardly ever worth the extra time and the frustration to shop there. I will say, though, the last time I looked there for the HE detergent, they only had one scent of the ALL and one scent of Tide.

HTH!

I quit buying detergent at Walmart. If you have a Sears I would buy their he detergent. It's great and I get 250 loads from a 125 load box. I buy the dye and fragrance free kind and paid $12.99 for it. It's the only kind that stopped the smell in my front load washer, too.

I usually shop at Target or BJ's for the things I can't get on sale or at Aldi, but that is because Target & BJ's are 15 minutes away, and WalMart is 30+. If I am going to be near WalMart, I do shop there because the prices are so much less.

I have a front load washing machine that is 4 years old. I have heard enough stories of people having trouble with their front load machines when they use regular detergent that I am not willing to risk it.

Since buying our front load machine I have always bought Tide HE. But it lasts me a really long time. I use less than the "recommended" amount even for our largest/dirtiest loads. For those I use about 2/3 of the way to the "1" line in the measuring cap. For normal loads I use up to halfway, and for small loads, like our cold water wash, I use even less.

So I buy detergent just a couple times a year. I also use liquid fabric softener in similarly small amounts.

HTH

I don't have a front load washer, but we use the Wal-Mart brand of laundry detergent. (the name has left me at the moment, I think it is Everyday Elegance) We used to used Tide, but when the gas prices hit over $3.00 a gallon we had to cut back. This does not break any of our family out, it gets the clothes clean, and smells good. All breaks out my excema suffering son. Gain makes another son break out and gives him headaches from the smell.