Menu

Disney in Florida

I am planning our first visit to Disney in February. I want to get a package that includes everything, meals, passes, and hotel.

We plan on staying 1 week, 2 kids, 2 adults. Where should I look for deals. Also I am Canadian, so any Canadians know where to look for deals/packages?

Thanks all!

I am planning our first visit to Disney in February. I want to get a package that includes everything, meals, passes, and hotel.

We plan on staying 1 week, 2 kids, 2 adults. Where should I look for deals. Also I am Canadian, so any Canadians know where to look for deals/packages?

Thanks all!

I think it depend on whether you want to stay on site or not. We wanted to. I am not sorry we went that route. I found a good deal on the disney site.....package deals are pretty good I think. We stayed at a moderate and were very happy with it.

We are going in February as well! I looked into staying onsite (even got a pin code via email that offered 40% off) and the rooms are still outrageously expensive to me so we are staying offsite at a condo. When I go on vacation I really like having a separate bedroom for the kids so we adults don't have to go to bed at 8 :) Anyway, I'd register at their website and maybe they will send you a pin code. There are also offers on the website as well. I think right now it's buy 4 nights, get 3 free. You can price a package online, putting in exactly what you're looking for as far as dining packages, tickets, etc. You might get some WDW books out of the library (I like the Unofficial Guide to WDW and Passporter's Guide to WDW). They have lots of suggestions for getting a good deal, as well as a ton of good info for (especially) a first time visitor. Have fun! We love Disney!

Guest Cindie2dds

Thanks all!

We are going the first week in December and I called a month ago to make reservations for breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner for a few of the days we are there. I would highly recommend you look through Disney's website at their restaurants and make reservations now. They fill up very quickly! You can decide where to stay and exactly what plan to purchase later. I was so shocked. We had a hard time getting some reservations we wanted and actually had to plan to eat breakfast at 10:30 one day and dinner at 3:30 another. Now you can always just do buffets and walkup snacks, but I just wanted to give you a heads up!

We used Tour Guide Mike online. His website is well worth $20. It tells you all the rides, attractions, restaurants, parks, etc., that would fit your family and when to go to what ride. He also tells you if it's worth the money or not since everything at DisneyWorld is expensive.

HTH!

Just want to Ditto the rec on the Unofficial Guide to Disney. We also checked out some other guides from the library, but the risk is that they are out of date.

Also if you have young kids who might not respond well to some rides there are guides that go into details about where a ride is loud, bumpy, scary, dark etc. Which really helps in picking rides for some kids.

When can you go? Are you flexible?

The 3rd week of Sept and the 3rd week of January are homeschool days. The tickets are drastically reduced. Sept typically also has the free dining deals if you stay onsite so that would also be a huge saver. It is through the Disney Y.E.S. program (Youth Education Services). http://disneyyouthgroups.disney.go.com/wdyp/programs/programOverview?page=HSDProgramOverviewPage

We always stay off site at a condo through SkyAuction for $199-$299 per week, including taxes.

The condo has a full kitchen. We also bought a backpack cooler and take our own food into the parks now. It is amazing how much we have saved doing that, our wallet and our waistlines thank us!

Dawn

Thanks all!! I picked up a few of those books at the library, will start reading up. We have to go in Feb., my dh has organised a bike race down in Florida then, we tagging along to go to Disney lol. I am trying to make it easy by finding a package deal on site, as I do not drive.

We're so looking forward to this!!

The best time we had was at the breakfast buffets with the characters. Pooh Bear was our favorite, but we were sure to get one everyday. Make your reservations! The best food for allergies was at the Norwegian restaurant in Epcot Center... also at that restaurant is a great lunch/dinner buffet with all of the princesses coming to your table. The UK restaurant can seat you outside so that you can seet the Epcot fireworks show.

The pool at the hotel was great too. There was a karioke one night that was great, and movies on the other nights.

Deb's Unofficial Walt Disney World Vacation Information Guide ... lots of great info here.

Edited by Lovedtodeath

we have been 3 times with dd#1- twice at Port Orleans resort (on site) and once we stayed a month at liki tiki (in wintergarden). Both were fine. If you stay on-site, you have the option on using disney transport, if you stay off-site, you need to rent a car.

Liki Tiki's condo's are cheap and luxurious in comparison to disney's small, dank rooms. The price at the end was still cheaper to stay at LT & rent a car for a month vs. a week at disney....

they were remodeling all of the rooms when we stayed at LT 2 years ago.... we did tour and they were beautiful! check them out-

http://www.likitiki.com/

We took a taxi on disney property twice when we had an appointment and wouldn't make it on time with the buses. The buses sometimes take a very long route. It wasn't much money and well worth it to get to our character breakfast and DDs Bippity Boppity Boutique appointment. I gather that a taxi is still considered public transportation and therefore does not require car seats. (We didn't use one either time.)

If I'm not mistaken, Disney is running the buy 4 nights, get 3 days free deal (hotel and tickets) for the time you are going. You can also add the dining plan to this package. Here is the link: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/

I also second the pp that suggested Tour Guide Mike. I have used his service to plan our upcoming trip. Only 20 days to go! WHO HOO!!

Happy planning! I know you'll have a fabulous time!