Menu

HORNBLOWER: The dog got loose in our hotel!

It was like a scene out of a Beethoven movie! :w00t:Guidry was loving every second of charging down the hall, then down the stairwell, then repeating on the next level -- we are on the third floor.

He was his typical quiet self -- but speedy as anything, BOY that dog can run! Guests were peeking out their doors because of course the kids were shrieking after him!

Gosh, I wish those contractors would work more quickly! :drool5::drool5::drool5:

It sounds exciting! You are making some neat memories for your kids! (They never remember or cue in on the boring grown-up details.)

Mariann, that will be a really great memory for your family that never would have happened without your house issue. Isn't that ironic?

Sounds like a lot of madhouse fun!

Yup! Making lemonade from lemons!:lol::drool5:

I do not know HOW I will show my face at the complimentary breakfast tomorrow! He definitely livened things up here for a little while, though!

And....did I mention he was FAST!

I would just say outloud to the whole dining room, "Wow, did you all see that crazy dog running down the hallway last night? My kids tried and tried to catch it for the owners!" Then just shake your head, chuckle a bit, and continue pouring your coffee and making your own waffle.

I would just say outloud to the whole dining room, "Wow, did you all see that crazy dog running down the hallway last night? My kids tried and tried to catch it for the owners!" Then just shake your head, chuckle a bit, and continue pouring your coffee and making your own waffle.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

a little earlier, a guest asked my husband if he was trying to catch the dog OR the kids...so it's too late to pretend he was being a good samaritan. My husband laughed and told the guest he was trying to catch all four! On the other hand, I am not sure if anyone knows that I belong with them, so I may do what you suggest, sit at a different table, and just shake my head and mumble something about not knowing why they allow kids and dogs in hotels! :lol:

I do not know HOW I will show my face at the complimentary breakfast tomorrow! He definitely livened things up here for a little while, though!

And....did I mention he was FAST!

You could always turn him lose again and have the breakfast room all to yourselves :D.

You could always turn him lose again and have the breakfast room all to yourselves :D.

I am still trying to get a straight answer out of DS (who turns nine tomorrow) about HOW Guidry got out of the suite. Trust me, we are talking a really.really.really.small.space. Without getting up from the computer, I can lean over and give the door a shove so it is closed...so how the pooch got out, remains (to me) a mystery.

I will ask the 'birthday boy' and his twin sister, the 'birthday girl' again tomorrow!

But, your idea has merit -- !:D

• 3 weeks later...