Menu

A stupid question about Ugg-type boots

I bought my DDs some (Bear Paws, though), and really, they look so comfy and easy to wear that I kinda want a pair too! But all my jeans are boot cut. How exactly do you wear boot-cut jeans with those? Do you stuff the pants in? Pull the pants over the boots? Does it then look like you're wearing fancy slippers outside the house?! Is it appropriate for a 35-year-old woman to wear plush boots around and about?

I want squishy shoes too, wah!

TIA!

I wear them all winter. Mine are the shorter ones so I don't bother stuffing my jeans in I just pull the jeans over like regular boots.

I don't think they look like slippers too much, but once while pregnant I was wearing these plush black slippers around the house and went to the store thinking I had my Uggs on because they had the same softness inside. That was a little embarrassing. :tongue_smilie:

I wear them all winter. Mine are the shorter ones so I don't bother stuffing my jeans in I just pull the jeans over like regular boots.

I don't think they look like slippers too much, but once while pregnant I was wearing these plush black slippers around the house and went to the store thinking I had my Uggs on because they had the same softness inside. That was a little embarrassing. :tongue_smilie:

Not embarassing. You were in with the "cool" crowd. All the teens wear the PJ pants and slippers to the store.:lol: No joke....:tongue_smilie:You go girl!!

My DH and I wear them all winter inside and out, though we do keep them at home as 'slippers.' I can't bring myself to wear them in public since I'm not young and cute enough to be a teeny-bopper any more... and half of my jeans are flare-leg which are even more uncomfortable to stuff in them than boot-cut (which constitute the other half of my jeans wardrobe).

I live in my Bear Paws all winter! Soooo comfy and warm! I pull my pants over them if they are boot cut and wear them over the jeans if they are skinny leg. If I tuck boot cut jeans in, they tend to get all crumpled and uncomfortable. Anyway, you're never too old to be comfy so go get yourself some new shoes:)

Wendy, there are knock-off's of those things everywhere! I have seen them just this last week at Target, Payless Shoes, Kohl's, Burlington Coat Factory, Ross, etc. You just have to look around. But, I wouldn't doubt that the quality might suffer a bit, not sure. I can't wear this kind of shoe, so I don't know.

If you are really hip, I believe you wear your Ugg-type boots with your mini-skirts or super-short jean cut-offs. Naturally, this defeats what a rational person would perceive as the whole purpose of wearing a warm boot, which would be to stay warm, but it has the advantage of avoiding the whole jeans-in-or-out issue.

Terri

Where I grew up we wore them all the time and with shorts and skirts as well. So it never occurred to me I might be too old or not hip enough. I guess because I've always had a pair.

I hate being cold but hate wearing heavy jackets as well and these boots keep your body so warm that I don't care how I look in them.

But I'm not a big fashion person anyway :)