Menu

Do you serve anything special for St. Patrick's Day?

We'll be having boiled dinner. We use smoked shoulder instead of corned beef so I can use the bone for split pea soup the next day. Last year I made an Irish stew.

Oh, and I must have Guinness, I'll be going on a diet soon after and I won't be having any beer for awhile.

We don't celebrate St. Patricks day in any big way, but we have fun with it. The kids wear green if we remember, ...

I had to ban St. Patrick's Day pinching because we just don't own many green clothes and I am not going shopping for green clothes just to keep people from pinching one another!!!

One year I made green eggs and ham for breakfast, I just added green food dye. Of course I've done green mashed potatoes and I think a green gravy once but I don't think I'll be doing that one again. Reminded us too much of vomit.

I was wondering why cabbage was on sale at Publix....I never noticed it before...but they had a HUGE display of it out right before you get to the produce section, LOLOLOLOL!

Isn't corned beef more of a 'northern' food?

Tammy

We'll have potato and leek soup with Irish soda bread and maybe apple cake for dessert. Everyone will wear green or risk being pinched by my 11yo. When I was little, my dad used to always take us for Shamrock shakes. 11yodd and I have already split one, but maybe we'll get another after gym that night since we do pass by a Mickey D's.

I've made corned beef and cabbage a few times, but it is so nasty to look at or smell cold that the leftovers never get completely eaten.

I remember the first time I saw corned beef....I thought for sure it was dog food, LOLLOLOLOLOL!

Are you talking about corned beef, or corned beef hash?

Corned Beef hash looks and smells just like pet food. :tongue_smilie: I do like the way it tastes, however. I don't eat it often.

Are you talking about corned beef, or corned beef hash?

Corned Beef hash looks and smells just like pet food. :tongue_smilie: I do like the way it tastes, however. I don't eat it often.

My grandfather once ate a bowl full of dog food, mistaking it for grandma's hash. Ewww, huh? dog.gif

What's worse is that he liked it better than grandma's hash!